e i g h t e e n

Începe de la început

What an odd bookmark.

The first day wasn't anything eventful. It was a rather chill day. Each of the guests had done their own activities in their leisure time. The resort had a lot of guests but by some reason, she found out that most of them were guests for the wedding. She wondered just how many people were attending.

In Gyeoul's case, she spent it by drowning herself in the jacuzzi inside their villa with her nose buried inside a book. She actually found it ridiculous that she chose to stay indoors when the ocean was literally in front of her.

Can you blame her, though? She was ecstatic for some peace and quiet yet the beachside was packed with people. Definitely not peaceful. No matter though. The jacuzzi was just as serene. She was quite satisfied with having the sea as a view.

Areum had joined her when the sun began setting and was finally able to continue with her artwork.

As Areum was brushing up on the details, Gyeoul was already awed at the piece. She thought back to Areum's realistic drawings on the worksheets when she refused to answer them a few weeks back.

Gyeoul complimented Areum endlessly. Something that the younger was actually insecure about and therefore shutting the sketchbook in a matter of seconds.

When night fell, all of them were gathered to have dinner.

Her earlier question of guest count was soon answered when she caught sight of the dining area. The dining area was actually too small to accommodate the wedding guests that the resort employees had to set up tables by the beachside.

The answer? A lot.

It seemed as if it was already the wedding reception.

The dinner wasn't anything eventful as well. The soon to be married couple merely welcomed and thanked everyone before letting the people get on with the feast.

Formality.

Being a few minutes late –thanks to Yeji who had dolled up for dinner–, they were sat at the end of a long table next to guests of their age who Gyeoul decided wasn't worth her time to find out the names of.

Yeji sat to her right and a stranger to her left since Areum had decided to skip dinner.

Gyeoul actively ignored the not-so innocent question of the asswipe next to her.

Halfway through dinner, she had seen Minho laughing with Miso from down the table.

To be specific, Minho was laughing at Miso. It looked as if he was showing something on his phone and as Miso tried to grab it, Minho held it higher and out of her reach. The girl was left blushing in her seat.

That hot kid was was next to her laughing as well.

Gyeoul felt a pinch in her heart but she was sure that it was because she was shoving food down her throat. Nothing else.

Minho's eyes flickered to her direction. She was quick enough to tear her eyes and blink at the asparagus on her plate. She took a sip of her drink since there was a feeling of something stuck in her throat.

"How about let's go have some fun at mine's after this?" The pufferfish next to her whispered sensually–idiotically.

Gyeoul let out a smile, sparing him a glance. "Sure."