chapter 29

Helen's pov continued

I was there sitting on his lap in the entire meeting his hands were wrapped around my waist all the time before I entered here with him Roger gave me a list of rules that I had to follow that included
No talking with anyone
Behave like a woman
Don't look at anyone except him
If I'm uncomfortable let him know
Don't eat anything unless told to
Act like a couple
Don't drink anything
Be besides him all the time
I was just wondering what else was left his hands were on my thigh drawing circles to bring me back to earth they were talking about guns,drugs,gangs and the Russian mafia what I figured out that these people were the mafia leaders from Italy and they were joining hands with Charles and Roger to destroy the Russian mafia which was breeding back home what I also learnt that the attacks made on Charlie were done by the Russians and they were working as spies in the office I worked but they were unable to figure out who were those people even I wanted to know who shot Charlie when one of the guys said "she's beautiful you are indeed a lucky guy "
" indeed she is and soon she'll be my wife " Roger said touching my stomach and kissing my shoulder it was then I realized that the meeting was over "let's feed your belly kitten" Roger said as he got up from his seat we drove to s nearby restaurant which was beautiful it belonged to one of those men who were present for the meeting the hostess guided us to our table actually guided Roger to the table ignoring me completely I wasn't offended by this infact I was used to such things even with Charlie I was ignored so it wasn't something new I thought even Roger will ignore me but to my surprise he didn't he held me close to him as we walked towards our table he pulled a chair for me and took a seat opposite me "what would you like to have sir " the hostess asked and Roger placed the order for me and  him  "do you want anything else love" Roger said and I shook my head "you were bored at the meeting I guess" Roger said and I nodded " surprised huh that  Charlie is a mafia leader " Roger said "I know he is and he took over from Mr Davidson " I said Roger looked surprised " so you aren't scared of it" he asked "no why should I be it's he who's involved not me and trust me I don't want to be a part of this thing" I said "hmm you already are a part of it " Roger said and I looked at him confused again but he winked and just then our food arrived it smells delicious so without thinking twice I started eating by the time I was done Roger was yet to finish "you eat slowly "I said " I don't eat like an animal sweetheart I'm a human  unlike you" he replied I ignored his comments and asked "can I get my phone back it's been three months now " " no not yet" he replied "but why not I want to speak to my friends Sasha and Bryan they can't even speak to me at work and here I'm missing Charlie also I just want to know if he's okay " I said " he's alright and your friends I have my men texting them your friend Sasha and Bryan are a couple right" he asked and I nodded my head "so why is he behind you then " he asked "me oh no that was long time ago" I said "what" he said " no you must be mistaken when we were in high school he used to follow me but then he told me that the reason was Sasha " I replied and I could see his body relaxing " the food is delicious "I said but I received no response " we are going out for a party and I need you to be ready by seven I will drop you back to the mansion  now as I have some important work and go straight to your room and take rest your dress is already in the closet be  ready by seven " he said as we walked towards the car the moment I stepped in my room I fell on the bed and fell asleep I woke up when someone was banging my door I opened it in haste " why did you take do much time to open the door " Roger shouted " I was sleeping " I replied  " ok fine get ready now we will be leaving in fifteen minutes" he said and left.