Prologue

TRIGGER WARNINGS: This goes for the whole book. Swearing, poorly written gore, dark themes, death, drug use, the game as a whole

Everything's fine. It feels like heaven. I see my parents, they look happy. They have presents for Fran and I. I wonder... It's two cats! Both so sweet and pretty. Mine as white as the purest day and Fran's as dark as the deepest night. It's Ms Solar an Mr Midnight! Our best friends... Our only friends... We are having dinner, and I see Aunt Grace too! Fran really likes her alot. 

It's Friday. Our parents are going out. Aunt Grace takes good care of us... We are having so much fun! 

It's Monday night... I'm playing with Ms Solar while Fran plays with Mr Midnight. But something feels real bad... A strange creature outside Fran's window... I don't like it, it scares me. Suddenly, we hear something. It's mom! Screaming.  We want to know what's wrong! A bright light shines from our parents' room. We go closer... And closer. 

"Mom? Dad?" Fran asks. 

"Please don't"

"Mommy... Daddy?" Fran chokes out, now kneeling infront of our dead parents, blood all over the floor, their bodies cut into pieces. I can barely breathe when I see them. But I have to stay strong, for Fran. I grab her hand and drag her to her room to get our cats only to run out of the house. We look back at the house and it seems to be filling with blood. We continue to run into the forest until Fran trips over a vine.

"Fran!" I won't leave without her. No. I won't make it without her. With our parents dead, she's the only one I have left. She's my little sister, she's my light. Aunt Grace always favored Fran so therefore she wouldn't take me in without her. I go to look back only for Fran to be replaced by multiple dead animals.

"What the fuck." Those were my last words before passing out

Through my backed out state, my panic suddenly turns to solace and I immediately know why. It's Ms Solar. It has to be, this is the same feeling as when she would cuddle up to me, purring in delight on my chest while I stroke her neck endlessly. However that solace is quickly replaced with panic again.

"Fran... Y/n... please, follow my voice"

"On the count to three, you will wake up"

"One... Two... Three"

"Fran, Y/n. How do you feel?"

"I'm fine, I guess. Just sad to see the same things..." Fran answers before I could. 

"sadness is something everyone had within..." Doctor Deern replies.

"We want to go home." I interfere, Doctor Deern glares at me, I swear that old sack of bones has something against me.

 "You can't go home, you have to get well."

"We are well, everything we've said is the truth!" Everyone treats me like a psychopath in this place, Fran not so much because she's younger and children have 'creative minds that are easily influenced by elders' as my old nurse stated. The bitch dropped dead merely a week later. Serves her right.

"We have to get out of here. We need our cats." Fran argues.

"Your cats are missing; it would be impossible to get them back" Doctor Deern sighs, he's probably tired of us saying the same things all the time. "But now, I have something, for you two." he adds.

"Oh, really?" Sarcasm seethed through the words, it's probably more medication that's supposed to help our trauma and 'insanity'.

"See the desk? There's two little packages there, one for both of you. They're from Aunt Grace, take it."