CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: Ignorant

Comincia dall'inizio

She spends her time in the chambers, knowing more about her powers.

After some time, Loki came back to their bedchambers. He sees Ivana standing at the balcony, swirling her hands, creating white sparkles. He guessed that she was playing with her powers. He put down his helmet on a table near the door before locking the bedroom door.

Ivana did not realize that Loki has returned from meeting people. She was busy playing with her powers. Loki slightly smiles when he sees Ivana getting fascinated by her own powers. There were gasps and chuckles from Ivana when she was playing with her powers.

Loki decided to wash up first. So, he went to the bathroom to clean himself. Ivana heard the bathroom door was closed and she turned her head towards the bedroom. She saw Loki's helmet on the table and knew he had come back.

She went back into the bedroom and closed the balcony doors. She walked back to the bed and get on it. She sat on the bed while leaning onto the headboard. Just a few seconds after she sat on the bed, she heard a knock on the door. It was the maidens.

She quickly walks to the door and saw the maidens bringing some trays. It turns out that Loki asked the kitchen to prepare some light supper for both Loki and Ivana. There were some fruits and tea. Ivana let the maidens enter the room to put the trays on the table.

After putting them on the table, they left. Not long after that, Loki came out of the bathroom seeing Ivana holding a cup of tea while sitting on the bed.

"Done playing with your powers?" Loki asked as he dried his hair with a towel. Ivana smiled and put down her cup of tea on the nightstand beside her. "Yes." She replied and looked at him. He was just covered with a towel down from his waist. His wet hair makes him look intimidating.

"Oh, supper's here?" Loki questioned when he noticed two trays on the table not far from the bed. "Yes. You asked them for these, right?" Ivana asked him. "Yes," Loki replied, walking to the table and took the basket that has a bunch of grapes before going to the bed.

"What are you reading?" Loki asked her as he got onto the bed and sat next to her. "The book that Ella gave to me this afternoon." She replied with a smile before looking at Loki. "That's good," Loki said to her. She smiled and look back to the book.

The moment became silent. Loki was munching his grapes while Ivana was reading the book. Silence until Ivana questioned Loki about his meeting with the people he said before.

"It was fine. Just knowing some updates." Loki told her. Ivana nodded and close the book she was holding and setting it aside. She took the cup of tea from the nightstand. "T'Challa will come here tomorrow," Loki said. Ivana immediately turned towards Loki.

"What? Why?" she asked him.

"Just to come and visit. And, to help with some upgrade of the city. We are going to have a connection with Wakanda." Loki said. Ivana raised her eyebrows before she sips her tea. "I know what's going on with you two," Loki said. Ivana looked at Loki and then sighed. She felt heavy-hearted that he knows about it.

"It's not a big deal," Loki told her. Ivana sips the last drop of her tea and puts it aside. She wasn't fond of the news that T'Challa will be coming to Amora. "With what will they come here?" Ivana asked Loki. "Magic," Loki replied. Ivana raised her eyebrows.

"Wow, okay." She mumbled and nodded.

"Hey. I need to tell you something." Loki said. "What is it?" she questioned, turning to him. "Just in case, I will disappear one more time, I think . . . I will not come back." He started. Ivana frowned. He took her hands and caressed them gently.

"Just to let you know. Don't wait for me again if I disappear one more time. I don't know when but just in case. The king of Wakanda seems to be in love with you, Lady Alexander." Loki said. Ivana sighed and pulled her hands from Loki's grip.

"Loki, stop this. Let's just stop saying about this. This can be talked in another day." Ivana said, taking a grape from his hands. "Ivana-", "Shush!" She stopped him by putting her finger on his lips. He looked at her and exhaled. "No one is going to disappear anymore, Loki." She said.

"We don't know," Loki said softly. "Stop. Loki. Don't." Ivana said. Loki ignored her. "You can marry T'Challa if I'm gone," Loki said. "Loki!" Ivana exclaimed. "You can start your own family if I'm gone. I will let you." Loki said. Ivana looked at Loki. She was angry at him.

"Why are you saying this? You're making me uncomfortable!" She exclaimed. Loki sighed while looking at Ivana.

"You need to stop saying these kinds of things. No one is going to disappear anymore, okay? I'm here. Safe. You are here, safe. No, I won't start any family without you. I've lost everyone and I can't bear to lose you anymore."

"You already felt it when I died . . ." Loki muttered. Ivana grunts as she looks at Loki. He raised both his hands as a sign of giving up. He stopped talking about it.

"You're not going anywhere. If you're gone, I'm doomed. Knowing that Stark deceived me, I'm not going back to earth. Maybe just to Norway. That's all." Ivana said.

"With time, you will, someday . . . you have to. I'm sorry."