Arguments and tears

~Jack Manifold's POV~

I throw an ender pearl before Sam can ask me anymore questions. The pearl lands just behind Niki. We soon make it back to her base.

Just before we enter, I look around and then it hits me. I just killed a literal child. And I probably fucked the only other friendship I had, other than Niki.

As my mind rambles on, it feels as time freezes. Then Niki places her hand on my shoulder. I look in her eyes.

"We're finally free..." Niki states. "Welcome home. It's just you and me now, standing alone. Jack, what's wrong? The world is ours."

I look away and push her hand off my shoulder.

"No isn't." I state.

"Get inside."

"This isn't finished!" I shout.

"What?"

I turn back to look at her, as it starts to rain.

"Even though the kid's dead, I'm still seeing red. I'm just a shell of his form that his innocence shed."

"He lived a good life and he gave it to you!" Niki shouts.

"Oh, is that right? You know it's not true. Think about him showered in blood and flowers! Now look in my eyes! He still holds the power! After years and tears and confronting his fears, he's dead in his best friend's arms, and no one will hear! And they'll all think it's was an accident, for now, but Niki, I know it was you inside!"

"I saved us! Tubbo held him 'till moment he died!"

"Dream chocked him out of his own god damn mind! You promised to help him and that meant the world to him! It was a god damn lie!"

"What do you want from me?!"

"Oh, look outside yourself!"

Niki's eyes widen as she realizes what I mean. She then looked away and shook her head.

"I won't help you take him down..."

"Fine! I'll do it by myself!"

I turn to leave.

"You don't need it!" Niki shouts.

I turn back to her and chuckle.

"Oh, I know that I need it!"

"He's been gone for years. I know you can beat it!"

"NO! Look in the mirror! You know we both fear him. We're one in the same." I say poking Niki in the chest. "We're afraid to be near him. We utter the name with our spirits defeated. But you helped me kill him, you're worse than Dream!"

Tears start form in my eyes. Niki scoffs.

"I told you to end him, it was all for the best!" Niki tries to defend herself.

"So I have you to blame for this pain in my chest?!" I scream, pointing to my heart.

"NO!"

"If you won't go I will, to avenge the loss soul I killed." Tears stream down my face.

"You're filling you're heart up with hate all the same at the kid you left face down in the crater!"

"No! No! NO! NO! Save it!" I scream as she makes me feel like the only person responsible. "It's time I made a statement. A pity a city that has ruined us, we could have fooled L'manberg just the two of us, but Dream has just made a fool of us."

"You're lost." Niki tries to reason once more.

I look away.

"One: Wilbur. Two: Tommy. Three: Tubbo. Four: Fundy. Is this what friendship is really for? Is this all I get for being loyal? A kid we knew in blood and gore. Five: Quackity. Six: Eret. Seven: You. Eight: Me. Years put to waste in a place I hate. They'll all know Dream's fate. I'll make a show of it. Don't be late."