Headcanons 1: Reverse Isekai

(I got this idea from a really cool Tumblr account that made headcanons for the Dream SMP characters, and I absolutely love this idea. Don't give me credit for this, because this idea was hers, not mine.)

Art by questionableholidayreally on Tumblr

For those of you who don't know, an isekai is an anime trope where the main character is transported to another universe. This is a reverse isekai, so that means the Dream SMP characters are transported from Minecraft to our world.

-~-

LET THE HEADCANONS BEGIN!

— One thing that the person on Tumblr touched on was the food and how there would be so many different types of food that would be completely new to them. A hilarious thing they mentioned was Dream being afraid of limes, so I'm keeping that here. But like, just imagine introducing Techno to all the different ways potatoes can be cooked. Imagine making him baked potato soup (minus the bacon bits, of course). He would definitely demand all the potatoes. And Tubbo! Imagine telling him about all the different types of honey and stuff! 

— Imagine introducing them to all the new animals. Just using myself as an example here, but I have a leopard gecko. Could you imagine introducing them to an ENTIRELY NEW CATEGORY OF ANIMAL? The only reptile they can even regularly encounter is a sea turtle, and with all the warring and conflict, I doubt anyone has the time to sit around on the beach and see them. Plus, lizards are completely different from turtles! I can just imagine Techno's, "HEH??" as he sees the little creature perched on your arm or shoulder. But like, what if you had a different reptile? Like a tegu or a fuckin' iguana? I can just imagine Tommy screaming his lungs out like "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??!?!" and Techno just parading around the house with it on his shoulders once he gets comfortable with them.

— Speaking of pets, introducing them to the concept of animal genetics? Because like, aside from (very limitedly) cat genetics, the Minecraft world doesn't really have much diversity in the patterns of animals. Even the cats are just the same couple of patterns. I have seven cats, so I could show them first hand how diverse the patterns of animals can be.

— Back to exotic pets, imagine having a tarantula or a vinegaroon or a bug like that. Yet another case of being exposed to an entirely new class of animal. I think that most of the cast would loose their shit, with exceptions of course. I can see the Sleepy Bois and Ranboo being fascinated with different types of birds, especially blackbirds. Like, imagine taking them out shopping and Phil (with his wings hidden) just gets covered in an entire murder of crows. Extra points if it turns out to be chat and they just had the power to travel between dimensions.

— Introducing Tommy and Tubbo to new music! I'm sure they'd be ecstatic to listen to new stuff after only having a couple discs to listen to. Wilbur would also definitely be interested in all the different genres and artists. (This doesn't really fit this headcanon, but I just had the thought of showing Wilbur angora sheep and him absolutely falling in love with them-)

— OOH, IMAGINE SHOWING THEM THEIR IRL SELVES! Showing Wilbur his music, showing Dream how much of a dork his irl self is, showing them bloopers and non-lore parts of the Dream SMP, basically just showing them all the stupid shit their YouTube counterparts get up to (DEFINITELY showing them the dumb Minecraft mods that Tommy showcases.) Also the fan content! Animatics like "Forget Me Not" by Channel Without A Name, all the SAD-it's animatics, funny shit like from NachosForFree (CHECK HIM OUT, VERY FUNNY ANIMATICS), all the amazing artwork of them

-~-

I can't think of any more, but I'll probably come back to this later when I do think of more headcanons. BTW, prepare yourselves for a heaping portion of Ranboo content, because he's been living in my mind rent free.