Chapter 3 - Stalker

I didn't receive any texts or calls from Skyler that night. In fact, I didn't receive any until I saw him again at school. My stalker goes to my school. Yay?

Maybe it was a mistake to give him my number. But it's not like he's using it or anything so it should be fine. I hope. He was leaning on the locker that was right of mine, not looking up from his phone. He didn't even notice I was there until I started spinning the dial for my combination.

Skyler shot up, closed his phone and said, "Oh! Hey...I was just going to text you..."

"Yeah, sure you were," I replied, unamused.

"What did I ever do to you?" He shrugged.

"Huh?"

"You treat me like I'm some piece of crap when I'm just trying to be nice. I get it if I come off as creepy, but I'm really not. If you wanted me to leave you alone, you could've just said so."

Skyler didn't give me a chance to respond before he walked away. Well, great. Now I feel horrible.

After my first period English class, I went to my locker to find Skyler standing there again. Only he wasn't waiting for me. His locker is right next to mine.

I sighed and walked over. I felt bad as it is, so I need to apologize. I'm not letting this guilt take over my life. I tapped his shoulder and he turned around. When he saw me, his smile faded and he shrugged.

"Look...I'm really sorry about earlier. I'm just kind of used to pushing people away, I guess. I guess I forgot that you are a person too...," I looked down.

"It's okay. I'm not the type of guy who gets mad," he said, laughing a little.

"We cool?" I asked.

"Cool...hey, you wanna hang out later?"

"Um...okay."

"I'm coming off as a creep again, aren't I?"

"What?! No, no...it's not that, really. I just don't know what my family is doing tonight. I might be busy and not know it...but I guess it's their fault for having these surprise events, right? Sure...I'll go."

"Perfect. I'll text you after school," he said before we had to go our separate ways yet again for 2nd period.

Author's Note:
Mmmm...haven't updated in a while...
Which one should I update next? Broken or Marler?

You pick.

Xoxo,

Grace