He sighed and pulled his hand away from my thigh. I shivered as the warmth of his hand left me, but tried to hide it. He ran a frustrated hand through his hair and kept his mouth shut; He knew better than to push me when I was angry.

It was always so hard to stay mad at him. I would usually shrug it off and turn the page but this time it was different. He hadn’t just said something hurtful while being high, or yelled at me for no reason. He had made me a one-night stand, right after I had told him that sex now made me feel like he was using me. He had done exactly what I said was hurting me.

We pulled into a residential street a few minutes after. It wasn’t a neighbourhood I knew too well and didn’t understand why he had brought us here. I looked around and tried to figure out why we were here. Meanwhile, Harry exited the car and walked around to my door. The small creaking of the metal indicated that he had opened my door and I turned my head towards him. He was looking at me intently, his arm extended towards me as he offered me his hand.

“Come on,” he encouraged.

I looked at his hand, then at him and met his eyes. They looked at me softly, pleading me to take his hand, so I did. I felt a soft squeeze on my hand and I knew he was glad I wasn't arguing.

We walked towards an unknown direction, hand in hand. It was once I saw the small playground at the end of the street that I knew exactly where we were going.  

We made our way to a small bench that stood a little apart from the playground and sat down. Harry and I kept our distance, I couldn’t stand him touching me when I was having such conflicted feelings about him. I wanted to hate him so badly for what he had done this morning, but as he sat next to me, I couldn’t help but to notice his beautiful green eyes, his plump lips and everything that I loved about him.

I was so confused as of why he had brought us here. It was around 4 o’clock on a Saturday and families were gathered in the park. Kids were running around, screaming, laughing, playing and it felt as if Harry and I were out of place. Everyone around us seemed to be so happy and we weren’t at all.

“Why did you bring me here?” I asked and turned my head in Harry’s direction.

His eyes met mine for a second before looking away. I followed his gaze and saw two kids playing together in the sand.

I frowned when I didn’t get an answer. “Harry?” I asked again.

He sighed loudly and kept his eyes on the kids. “Remember when we used to play in the park?” I nodded. “Everything was so easy back then, wasn’t it?”

“It was,” I agreed.

“You see these kids?” He asked as he looked at the two kids playing in the sand. “They’re like us, fifteen years ago.”

I said nothing, puzzled by his words. Why was he talking about this? 

“It’s little Harry and little Emilily."

I laughed at the old nickname he had given me and Harry chuckled.

"Two innocent kids, playing in the sand and having a fun time. They don’t know it yet, but they’re going to be best friends,” he smiled softly at me before his expression became sad and his eyes avoided mine. “Well, little Harry will get the best friend of all. Little Emily will be there for him, no matter what and no matter how much of a fuckup little Harry becomes. And in return, little Emily will get the shittiest friend of all. He will try, he will try with everything he has to make her as happy as she makes him, but he’ll fail miserably.”

I looked ahead, small tears threatening to fall from my eyes as Harry told his story. I didn’t know what to say, because everything he was saying was true. Lately, Harry had been a shit friend, there was no denying that.