Dinner (Adam x Brad)

Adam walked into the grocery store, picking up a shopping basket before walking into the first isle, it was the meat isle. He looks around and finds the steaks, Adam picks one up and put it in his basket. Just as he looks up, he sees his boyfriend walk into the isle on the other end.

"Bradley!"

Brad looks up and sees Adam. He smiles as he walks over. "Stalking me so early? Next you're gonna kidnap me" Brad jokes.

Adam giggles and pulls Brad in for a kiss. "Well, you know I can't keep my hands off you so who knows" he speaks as he pulls away.

Brad smiles again, shifting his own basket to his other arm. "So Adz, what brings you to my side of town?"

"How would you feel if I asked you to meet my parents over dinner tonight?"

Damn, Adam is so confident, Brad thought.

"I'd love to!" Brad squealed. "I just thought, what if they don't like me? Do they even know you're dating me? What if they-"

"Brad!" Adam giggled. "Brad, they'll love you. I've told them about you, they seem very excited to meet you"

"Wait, really?"

"Yes"

Brad took a deep breath then smiled. He couldn't wait to meet Adam's parents, but he was also nervous, a small part of him still thought they wouldn't like him.

"But" Adam paused. "I won't be at the dinner"

"What do you mean?" Brad asked.

"I'll be there for a little while, but when it's time for the dinner, I'll have some business I'll have to sort out" Brad frowned. He didn't notice Adam's small smirk he was hiding. "But don't worry, Bradley. Everything will be fine"

He gave a small peck to Brad's cheek before they carried on with their shopping.

~~~~~~

That evening, once Adam picked up Brad, he led him inside his parents' home. Brad marvelled at the interior, their house was wonderful and so very cozy, a welcoming feeling.

"This place is lovely Adzy" Brad smiled widely. "Did you grow up here?"

"I did. I loved my childhood"

Both of them were interrupted by Adam's parents walking into the living room.

"You must be Brad" Adam's father, Gordon, smiled as he shook Brad's hand. "We've been looking forward to meeting you"

"I've been excited too, Mr Gontier"

"Please, call me Gordon. And this lovely young lady is Patricia"

Brad greeted Adam's mother, he now knows where Adam got his good looks from.

"Come. Lets start with a story of Adam when he was a child"

"Mom! I don't think Brad wants to hear embarrassing stories!"

"They're only embarrassing for you, dear" she called over her shoulder as she started telling Brad.

Gordon walked over. "I must say, you always knew how to pick the nice ones"

Adam rolled his eyes playfully. They walked into the dining room, Adam could hear his mom and Brad talking in the kitchen, he looked at the time on his phone. He swiftly stood at the doorway of the kitchen, where Brad was playing around with their cat.

"I gotta get going now"

"Are you sure you can't stay, Adam?"

"I'm afraid I can't mom. If I could, you know I would"