𝟏 - 𝙒𝙤𝙚𝙨 & 𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨

Comincia dall'inizio

She inhaled in a deep breath, trying to compose herself. God, pregnancy made her extremely vulnerable and highly emotional at the worst of times. 

"Sirius... You promised." Her voice turned quiet at the end.  

He slowly shook his head, the luscious locks of black hair that escaped the tie's hold, framed his sharp face. 

"It's just the one, love." He meekly said. 

She sighed softly, her hands coming to rest on her wide hips. Her back was killing her. 

Sirius quickly turned around in his seat, opening his arms out for her. She didn't hesitate to wobble about to him fast, coming to a stop between his legs. Her hands locked around his neck, leaning into him as his calloused hands began to lightly rub at her back from under her shirt, beginning to give her some light relief. Consolation she so desperately craved. 

She didn't miss the irregular thumping of his heart sounding from his chest. 

"Sirius."

"Hm?"

"You're worried... Again."

He paused, still as ice, as a deathly ringing silence hung over them.

Finally, after what felt like hours, but in reality was only mere seconds. The tense silence was broken by Sirius. "How do you expect me not to worry?" His voice was quiet, yet Artemis could hear the strain in it as clear as day. Oh, there were many things to worry about. From the prophecy, to Voldemort's rising power, to their safety. A number of things to fret about. Things that jeered at them ruthlessly. 

"I-"

"How're you so sure it won't be like last time?"

Her body went rigid, her long fingers becoming cold as ice, as she clenched her clammy hands. 

"It won't— I'm—" 

"How're you so sure with everything that's been going on!-"

"Sirius—"

"How're—" This was beginning to take a toll on her.

"Sirius! Please!" He sighed, his head hung in guilt as she hid her face in his neck, her body starting to shake uncontrollably, her emotions unstable. 

"I'm sorry " Sirius was never one to easily apologize.

"Can we just go back to bed, please?" 

"Sure, love." 

With that, Artemis slowly pulled away and gently grabbed both of his large hands into her small thin ones. She pulled him up to his feet and together, they both descended down the hallway hand in hand and into their shared bedroom, the glass cup and bottle long forgotten. And in they went to their shared bedroom where the stars melted into a stream of darkness, the night occupying the bed till they were both swimming in it. 

And right beneath it all they fell asleep. 

Keeping their worries at bay in the back of their minds. 

                                   ────────✧ ・ ゚: * ✧────────

August 18, 1994        

The Burrow

The Weasley Residence

Carina Artemis Black-Tonks violently jerked awake, the sound of her name harshly being called, — along with her backpack hurled at her mercilessly with great force — pulled her out of her peaceful slumber and her equally peaceful dream, where she was running in a big snow-filled field alongside her father in his animagus form.