22.| ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴘʜᴏʟᴇ [2]

Começar do início

Lizzie turns, with crazy eyes. "We're not in the prison yard, asshat."

Hope sighs, she faces Malik. "I'm sorry I dragged you into this."

Malik looks up at her.

"Seems like I'm always dragging you into my drama."

Just as the boy was about to speak up he begins to cough up blood. It was aggressively bad. Followed by the coughing, Burr's man grabbed ahold of his own neck when a dart struck the back of it. The guard fell to the floor with a loud thud, and behind the guard stood MG with a gun in his hand.

"Milton, I could kiss you." Malik praises, he sighs in relief while wiping the blood from off his mouth.

MG laughs as he walks to the cellar doors using a pair of keys to unlock it. MG's eyes fall onto Malik who looked pale. His face was all sweaty, and his sweat was pure cold. The hybrid looked like he was going to collapse any second.

It was obvious he hadn't been healing at all.

"You look...dead."

"Well, I am, as are you." Malik slowly stood up only for him to lose his balance but quickly held onto the wall, keeping his balance.

Nonetheless, although she wanted to, Lizzie didn't make a comment about it.

Once things got settled MG began to explain to the group how he found them, what he knew, and how he found some blood fountain in the basement through some tunnels. He also told them how he assumed that the blood fountain must've been what kept the supernaturals from using their powers.

"I was looking for a way to shut it off, but I couldn't figure out how," MG tells the group.

Malik weakly nods. "That's fine. I'll go find the tunnels."

Hope scoffs. "The hell you are."

Malik sighs. "I'm not a baby, Hope. I'm fine. Let me be."

"I'm going with you then."

"No, you can't." MG interrupts, he turns to Hope. "I hate to say it... but you need to go find Landon. We don't need you here."

"Exactly, you're not needed." Malik forces a faint smile. "Go rescue your Hippy boyfriend."

MG then turns to Malik. "You should probably go with her too."

Josie shakes her head. "You're kidding, right? Don't you see that he's wounded?"

Hope nods in agreement. "He can't come with me. He needs to stay here."

"Well I'm afraid that isn't your choice." Malik spat, he told his eyes. "It's mine. And now Elizabeth's."

Now the attention fell onto Lizzie Saltzman who seemed to have been debating on what to do. Lizzie knew that Malik was capable of taking care of himself. But she herself knew that wound wasn't getting any better. And she had no magic to siphon it out of him.

"I won't go if you don't want me to." Malik softly tells the blonde, he holds her face in his hands. "I'll stay. It's okay."

Lizzie sighs heavily. "No... you should go. Get our powers back and go with Hope. I know you'll be fine."

Malik smiles, he kisses her softly. "Be careful. I'd like to come back and have you hold me to my promise of spending summer with you and Caroline."

"Oh, trust me. We're still going." Lizzie smirks, she pushes him. "Now, go, go be a damn hero."

Lizzie and Malik both share a hug. After a while, they both pull away. Malik turns to face Hope who still seemed unsure of him tagging along to find the tunnels. Let alone leaving the school. But before she even had the chance to think about objecting: the hybrid was quick to exit the room. As he walked away he tried his best to make it seem like he had been in no type of serious pain and that he was doing perfectly fine.

The hybrid boy knew that if he even let out a small wince Hope would drag him right back into the cells and find a way to lock him in the school until he was all healed again. And truth be told, even though Malik had been ignoring her. Malik cared far too much about Hope to let her out roam through those tunnels all alone without powers.

With a small, yet low groan, Hope follows behind Malik telling the others that she'd keep an eye on him. And with that, they were both out of the cellar room and now making their way towards the tunnels, searching for the blood fountain that MG had been talking about earlier.

And so, they both continued to walk the school's tunnels, silently.

━━━━━ ━━━━━

*I've made some changes and edits to all my books, well I've started to make the changes, I'm like halfway done, so sorry for the slow updates!

I've added some random weird questions throughout all the chapters that i've written. So, if you're a true friend then you'd go back and check it out and answer them 🦭.

🦭 Johnny the seal is begging you to go back and answer the questions. They're just for fun and entertainment until I upload the next chapter 😆.