16. Dead flowers to Her Highness

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) sighed. She rolled her eyes and said, "My dad is a jerk. It has to do with an old family tragedy, blah blah blah... Too much to tell." There was a moment of silence. It made Lily nervous. This would never work out. She wanted to address (Y/N), but now that everyone knew her title anyway, it didn't matter anymore if she spoke to (Y/N) with 'Lady', did it? "Lady (Y/N)," Lily said softly, "I--" "(Y/N), how did you never tell us this?" Ryota interrupted Lily, looking confused and nervous, not knowing if he could still look at (Y/N) the same way. 

(Y/N) gave him a very neutral look and clasped her hands together. "How would you like it if you knew I am royalty, hmm? Do you think we would have the same bond as now?" Ryota thought in silence for a moment, then gently shook his head. "There you have your answer." "It would have been the same for me," Yumeko said. She looked less cheerful than usual, probably because she was just as surprised as everyone else, but still seemed most at ease. "Is that so?" (Y/N) asked. Yumeko smiled.

"Yes, if you had told me you were royalty, I would have been looking forward to gambling with you even more! I mean, look at you!" Her eyes shone a bright red and her cheeks matched her eye color. "A princess attending a gambling school? Who would have expected that!! So much wealth... everything to lose..." A smile appeared on (Y/N)'s face. She sighed. "You're crazy..." she then whispered with a smile.  Suddenly, she heard Kirari laugh. "Is something wrong?" she asked the President, who took a step closer. "Oh, nothing..." 

(Y/N) frowned. "Madam President, how did you know who (Y/N) really was?" Sayaka asked out of the blue. It was unexpected, but she was right. Kirari was the one who said that (Y/N) was the Crown Princess, not Sayaka. "It was actually not that difficult," the president of the school laughed. She walked around (Y/N) saying, "10 of the richest people in England, none of them connected to a Cullen family... Deleted news articles about a girl who allegedly dated someone important?" She put her hands behind her back as she laughed. 

"You made it too easy for me, (Y/N). I just had to contact a news agency..." Her eyes shone a bright blue, "... and bribe them for information." (Y/N) laughed. "Oh really?~" Kirari nodded. It was as if their bodies were having a conversation with each other based on the gestures they made while speaking. She raised her hands and the light of the sun setting reflected off (Y/N)'s bracelet she was wearing. "They told me they would have seen the king's daughter with a normal village girl. They knew you were the princess because their photographers followed you from your palace to her house. Sneaking away isn't that safe, you know..." 

Lily squeezed her own arm. She still remembered this event. (Y/N) had slipped out of the palace to Iris and got caught. The news spread quickly over the Internet, but before the paper newspapers hit the shops, her father had bought over the news agency. No, not bribed, bought over. It's his now and no one knows. The articles were taken off the internet or rewritten and hardly anyone knows who (Y/N) is. Unfortunately, other agencies still had this information. Nobody knows why King William wants to keep his children a secret from the world. 

"One photo was enough for me to recognize you," Kirari continued. (Y/N) giggled as she placed her hand behind her neck. "Yeaah, that wasn't a good day... But I didn't expect anything better from you, Kirari..." She winked. Then she turned back to Sayaka. "Sayaka, how are they actually?" "Who?" "You know.. the Cullens..." (Y/N) voice was soft and fragile, as if she didn't really want to talk about this subject, but was curious anyway. She blushed. "How are Daisy and Iris?" Sayaka tilted her head slightly. A confused look appeared on her face. "What do you mean... how are... Daisy... and Iris?"

(Y/N) turned her eyes slightly as she began to play with her fingers. "I know it's been a long time, but... are they okay? I mean... Iris... How is she and school?" It was then that Sayaka realized it. (Y/N) had no idea of what happened to Iris. "(Y/N)..." Sayaka whispered. (Y/N) gave her a strange look, waiting for what Sayaka had to say. "What..?" "I... um... there is something you should know..." (Y/N) motioned for Sayaka to get along with what she had to say. Everyone looked at Sayaka. Lily was behind (Y/N), not knowing what was going on.