Eleanor was called to Dumbledores office again that evening, for a reason she wasn't sure of. She arrived after her lessons had finished for the day, the door opening without her even having to knock.

"Miss Burke, please take a seat," the headmaster gestured to the chair on the other side of his desk, "Sherbet lemon?" he offered, motioning to the bowl of yellow sweets.

El denied his offer, sitting down hesitantly. "Why am i here, Professor?" she questioned.

"Cutting to the chase. I see." he hummed. "Very well. Your mother passed away recently, you were informed of this?" Dumbledore waited for her to nod before continuing, "Were you told how?"

"No. I wasn't," she deadpanned.

"She was murdered," he stated bluntly, sensing that El did not require any sympathy from him.

"That doesn't explain to me why i'm here, Professor. My mother was murdered. Great. What do you want me to do about it?"

The old wizard blinked, taken aback by how little she cared. "Do you have any ideas about who could have done it? Did anyone have any disagreements with her?"

El scoffed, "How long have you got? Yeh yeh don't talk ill about the dead or whatever, but she was a bitch. Half the wizarding world would want her dead if they had the chance." She sat back in her seat, thinking over the words she'd just said. Who wouldn't want Belvina Burke dead?

"I take it you and your mother didn't get along?" he threaded his fingers together in front of his torso, looking at El over the top of his gold rimmed glasses.

"You could say that," she gave him a humourless laugh. "I didn't kill her, before you suggest that. I don't think i'll be much help, can i go?" she asked, not caring how rude she sounded.

Her headmaster gestured to the door and she wasted no time in accepting his offer to leave the office.

Once she reached the bottom of the stairs, James pushed off the wall where he'd been waiting for her to return, "Why are you here, Potter?"

"I wanted to spend time with my favourite Slytherin—but McKinnon was occupied so i thought i'd come find you,"

When she didn't reply, James jogged to catch up with her fast paced walking, "What did Dumbledore want?" he asked.

"Nothing." she didn't wait for him to fall in step with her, storming down the corridor to the common room.

"Answer me, El."

"It's not your business, Potter," El shrugged off his queries, not in the mood to divulge her problems.

"Tell me," he pleaded, placing a comforting hand on her arm which she was quick to remove.

El stopped walking, considering whether or not to tell him. "Belvina was murdered,"

"Your mother was murdered?" El flinched hearing someone else say it.

She didn't say anything.

"Are you okay?"

"Why wouldnt i be? I already knew she was dead," El began walking again, ignoring the curious eyes of passing students.