Chapter Two

Kyra
As I followed Yeong-Gi out of the front door and into the waiting cab that he had magicked up from one of the many apps on his phone, I couldn't help but be impressed by Gi's ability to bulldoze me out of my basketball shorts and into a bar. He I was all too aware of how intimidating I had found Gi when I had first met him. On my first day at college, I had walked into dorms in my black skinny jeans and baggy jumper and had wilted when saw Yeomg-Gi as my roommate. Within minutes, Yeong-Gi had served spicy ramen and a whole load of gossip about the students at the college and that when I knew he would never let me go. I also realised too that I would never never gonna pull of a black mini skirt, fish nets and a black and white sweater in the same way he could, with his messy, black, wavy hairstyle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The cab pulled up at the bar and we headed inside just as Yeong-Gi's boyfriend Mark was opening a bottle of vodka

The cab pulled up at the bar and we headed inside just as Yeong-Gi's boyfriend Mark was opening a bottle of vodka.

"Perfect timing," grinned Gi happily. "Here ya go, Kyra. Cheers, guys! Now you know Cheryl, obviously, and you've met Elliot, Jacob and Essica before, but I don't think I've introduced you to Ryhan and Eden, have I? Well guys, this is Kyra, and you are going to love her!"

I surprised myself by having a fun night chatting to most of the twenty-strong group of Yeong-Gi's friends who'd gathered for their regular knees-up. Throughout the night my eyes kept drifting to one of the girls I didn't know, Eden I think her name was. She distance  away from the group a while ago with Ryhan I think. I could tell he was trying to be quiet but it was obvious that he was shouting at her. I sip my drink as Eden eyes began to watered. I glanced around to see if any of the others see what happening. I placed my cup on the table and stood up.

"Where you going kyroo?" Yeong-Gi slurred from Mark's lap. It was obvious he was drunk.
"Bathroom" I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

I walked towards  Eden who was now all alone.

"Hey, you ok?" I asked. She must of not heard or saw me coming as she snapped her head in my directions after wiping some stray tears from her face.

"Yea I'm good... uhm" Eden searched my face as if she knows me from somewhere.

"Kyra. We met earlier. Yeong-Gi introduced us." I look at her facial expressions as she goes from confusion to realisation.

"Oh sorry. My bad, I'm Eden." She stuck her hand out towards me for me to shake.

"I know that, unlike you I was paying attention." I said as I shook her hand. I watched as her pale freckly face  turns red.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She released an awkward smile as she removed her hand. "Can I get you a drink as an apology?"

"What would your boyfriend think about that?" I smirked.

"Boyfriend?" Eden tilted her head in confusion.

"The guy with you earlier - Ryhan weren't it?"

"Oh him, we ain't.. no we ain't together." She gave a small smile. "Well at least not anymore."

"Oh but you were?"

"Do you want a free drink or what?" Eden began walking away towards the bar. I followed closely behind, wondering what had happened between them.

"What drink do you want?" Eden sat on of the stools and look towards me as I sat next to her.

"A veux carre will do, thanks." I thanked with a smile.

"You from New Orleans?" Age question after getting attention from the bartender.

"No, I just like the drink." I replied, "I was actually born and raise her. My mum was lived here her whole life whilst my stepdad used to live America, he is an African-American."

"Stepdad? Your biological dad not in your life anymore?"

"Do you always repeat things you don't understand?" I raised an eyebrow up and smirked.

"Sorry, it's a bad habit of mine." Eden looks towards her drink which I didn't notice has arrived.

"Did you know you sorry at least four times to me and it only just gone..." I looked at the clock above the bar on  the wall, "12 am."

She surprised me when her head shot up towards the clock and pulled out her phone.
"Shit, I'm supposed to be on my way back home. I need to get back now." She turned to look at me, " it was nice meeting you Kyra but I'm sorry I need to leave now." She gave me a weak smile before walking away. 

"Wait!" I called out to her as grab hold of her arm.

Eden look down to where my hand was before looking at me in fear. I quickly let go of her arm, and checked if I left a mark by accident.
" I'm sorry, I did t mean to hurt you but could I..." I looked up from her arms to her face and see that the fear in her eyes had gone slightly. "Can I get your number..?"

She stared at me like in shocked as her eyes dart all over my face. She finally let out a gorgeous smile and replied, "Sure."

I gave her my phone with the add contact thing out as she took her phone out. She typed her number into my phone and sent a text to herself.
"There you have my number now but I really gotta go now."  Eden said with small smile and rosy cheeks.

"Yea,aight. We can hang out sometimes..?" I said more like a question than a statement.

"Yea, if I'm free" she gave me on last smile before saying goodbye and leaving the bar.

"You better be careful with her she's kinda delicate" a drunk person said before a hiccup came after.
I turners around see a drunk Yeong-Gi leaning against Mark with a pointed finger at me.

"I don't know what your on about." I replied and shrug my shoulders. I watched as lent of Mark and made his way over to me.
"Yes you do" hiccup "she already in enough pain she doesn't need anymore" Gi slurred on his words as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"I think it's time we go. " Mark reply as he step forward to to carry a half asleep Yeong-Gi. "We going to to his or yours?" He asked.

"We can go to mine it closer" Mark nodded as I grab Gi's phone from his back pocket and unlock his phone. Of course he drunk ass have the world most easiest password,I thought as I ordered a cab from the app he used earlier.

Mark and I made our way outside with Mark carrying Gi. We waited in the cold for about three minutes before Mark started to talk.

"He's right you know." I looked up from a spot on the ground I was staring at. "You don't want to hurt her. If you do you got me to deal with you. I couldn't protect her last time but I will do it this time."

I don't know if it's the alcohol in my system that making me hard to register or my really slow brain that he was talking about Eden.

Before I could ask what he means, our cab rolled around the corner and stopped outside the bar. I got in first, before Yeong-Gi got put in the middle and Mark on the other side of him.
As we began to drive home in the night, I looked out through the window and thought what both Yeong-Gi and Mark said.