Chapter 21 - Jibeom isn't an idiot anymore

En başından başla

"But you'll come to our first concert, right?", Seungmin asked curious as he hugged Hwayoung one last time. 

"I'll be waiting for you in the front row, screaming my lungs out."

The boys laughed at that and Hwayoung hugged them all again. Siyeon would soon move to Seoul so she had more opportunities to meet them but due to their busy schedule it would be hard to manage. 

"Here, take this.", Jibeom suddenly said to Hwayoung and put a bracelet into her hand. The bracelet itself was simple but Hwayoung only looked at the small sun hanging there. Jibeom pulled up his sweater and revealed the same bracelet, just with a moon.

"Stop, you're making me cry.", Hwayoung whispered and hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go. He wasn't even gone but she already missed him. Jibeom carefully put the bracelet on her wrist. 

"I bought it already a week ago and I hoped you'd like it." 

"Like it? I love it!", Hwayoung replied and couldn't stop staring at it. Then something else came into her vision. A letter. Confused she took it. "What is it?" 

"You'll see. Open it when we're gone, okay?", Jibeom asked suddenly seeming very nervous. Still confused but more curious now, Hwayoung nodded. 

Meanwhile Siyeon was saying goodbye to the others as well. To be honest, she wasn't that much of a hugger but now she didn't want to let go. 

"Behave, okay?", Siyeon said as she let go of Joochan who rolled his eyes at her. 

"I'm an angel." 

"Didn't know you were suddenly a liar.", Donghyun said at this and hugged Siyeon as well. Then behind them someone cleared their throat and Siyeon turned around just to be embraced in a bone crashing hug. 

"Let's text often, okay?", Jangjun asked almost nervously and Siyeon immediately nodded. It would take about two weeks for her to finally move to Seoul but even this short period of time was too much. It was crazy how much one person could affect their live. 

"I'll annoy you with my spam, promise.", Siyeon replied as they separated. 

The boys said goodbye one last time to the Lee's as well and then stepped into the cars while Siyeon and Hwayoung sat down on the terrace. They watched as both cars drove away into the woods and the boys waved to them as long as possible. Never in their lives had the girls a hard time like this to say goodbye and somehow all of this felt like a dream now.

When they were gone, the two best friends looked at each other. 

"It's going to get awfully quiet now.", Siyeon said but then her gaze fell onto the paper in Hwayoung's hands. "He wrote you a letter?" 

"I'm too scared to open it.", Hwayoung admitted and turned the letter around in her hands. 

"Do it. He gave you a bracelet. He woke up extra early just to be with you. He had only eyes for you. Do I have to list more to convince you that this is a love letter?", Siyeon explained and pointed at the paper. Then she stood up. "Take your time. If you read it and want someone to talk, come to me, okay?" 

Hwayoung nodded and heard her friend close the door. She didn't know Jibeom had spend the whole day yesterday to write this letter. He didn't have the courage to tell her in person. With shaking fingers she opened it and when her eyes fell on the handwriting, she smiled. 

Hwayoung, 

every time I see the sun rise, I have to think of you. To be honest it doesn't even have to be the sun rise to make me think of you. When I saw you in the kitchen the first day I couldn't  believe it. All these years I tried to forget you, the way I hurt you, but the moment I saw you I knew I could never forget the girl who always made me laugh when I'm sad.