The dirty blonde decided it was best to just go to Kaine's room. Even thought it was 2am and his brother went to bed a few hours ago...

Percy carried the stuffed animal down the hall, reminding himself of when he'd cry to his mom at 4am from a bad dream, clutching a stuffed animal, dressed in footsie's pajamas.

Being 5 was tough.

Percy carefully opened his brothers door, sniffing.  He let out a breath of relief when he saw Kaine was awake, working on online school work.

The boy looks up and smiled, but the grim fell when he saw tears shining on Percy's warm face. He gestured the blonde over, shoving some clothes off the bed.

"Sorry to bother you..."

"You aren't bothering me. What's wrong?"

Percy sat onto the bed, his entire body felt weak. He was so drained from crying and battling with his thoughts.

"Just thinking and... Remembering stuff, I guess..."

Kaine tried not to frown, he knew how bad Percy's thoughts could get.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?"

Percy shook his head, laying his against Kaine's shoulder. The older boys body heat was radiating onto him.

"I'm really, really tired...and I'm just tired of thinking and crying. And I want to sleep but I can't..."

He held the stuffed animal close to him, he enjoyed soft, gently, fluffy things that he can touch. Anything warm and soft calmed him.

"Try laying down, I'll be right here beside you."

Percy nodded and laid on the other side of the bed, curling up into a ball. He snuggled the plush closely to his damp face.

Kaine covered Percy with a blanket, patting Percy's shoulder very carefully. He didn't want to upset him, especially not right now.

"I hate it... All of it..."

"I know, Percy, but you're safe now. And he will never be able to even breathe in your direction again."

The words caused little reassurance, but it was enough to make Percy nod. He watched as Kaine clicked on the computer for another few minutes before shutting it, the room dark.

Kaine laid against the wall, knowing Percy would freak out if he was between the wall and Kaine.

His claustrophobia has always been awful, ever since he was little. It only got worse as the year go by.

"Do you need anything? Water? A snack? Another blanket?"

Percy shook his head, he was getting sleepier and his thoughts were dying down for the first time in hours. "No thanks."

"If you do, let me know, alright? You know you can always talk to me."

Percy smiles faintly, clinging onto the stuffed object. "Thank you."

~

"Can I...draw a sun? On your paper?"

Sorin looks up from his phone, blinking. The day was nearly over with, just one more period after this one.

Fifth period wasn't the worse, so far at least. It was a computer class that worked with Microsoft and certification test, it was boring but easy.

So far at least.

"Why?"

"Because! Your name means Sun... It can be a signature symbol."

Sorin handed Percy his pen, not minding. The sheet was somewhat important, it was just his username and password for different websites.

But adding a sun wouldn't do any harm.

"I think your name is quite creative."

"Sorin Ray?"

"Yeah, it means, Sun Ray! So you're a ray of sunshine!"

Percy was awfully cheerful today, his energy was through the roof. It was odd considering that he had an awful meltdown last night and barely slept.

Maybe being sleep deprived and brain caused his perkiness.

"Do I give off ray of sunshine vibes?"

Percy studies Sorin for a moment, he certainly did not. But that didn't stop Percy from creating nicknames for the blonde. "Erm... Your hair is like the sunshine."

Sorin chuckles, he thought Percy and his glee was adorable, not annoying whatsoever.

"If me being a ray of sunshine helps you sleep at night, then sure, I am one."

Percy grins and finished drawing the sun, adding in a smile face and clouds.

"Do you like it?"

Sorin blinks, staring at the small picture. "No, it sucks." Percy grumbles, adding another line outside the circle. "Nah, I'm kidding, it's amazing."

"Thank you, I tried very hard on it."

Sorin smiles, he had such a lovely smile. It made Percy's heart leap, he didn't like that.

He didn't like the feeling of starting to crush on someone, especially since he rarely trusted anyone anymore.

"Are you going to the game tonight?"

Oh fuck, I have therapy after school.

Fuck fuck fuck, I don't want to miss a game.

Wait, it starts at 6:45, therapy is until 5.

"Yep, I always do." Ooh, I get to stare at this pretty boy for a few hours.

Sorin nodded, "cool, cool... So are you and Kaine like really close or something?"

Percy smiled and quickly nodded his head. "He's pretty much my best friend, yeah." Sorin hums in interest, nodding again. "Do you have any siblings?"

"Yeah, my older sister, Terra, is actually my legal guardian. And my other sister, Luna-" Sorin's eyes widen, he clapped his hand over his mouth. "I mean, my older brother, Atlas, used to live with us but now lives on the beach with his boyfriend."

Why'd he change the sibling name?

Percy decided not to question it and why Sorin freaked out for a split second for what seemed like a slip up in words.

"That's cool!"

The bell rang loudly, interrupting their conversation. Percy quickly packed up his things, sending Sorin a smile.

"So I'll see you at the game tonight?"

With a playful eye roll, Sorin nodded, "unfortunately yes."

My little brother "jokingly" called me chubby while we were eating ice cream and I've been crying for a few hours from a 9 year old-

*sniffs*

Anyways, I'm so tired but I need to wash my hair and redye it but my fucking sister used the rest of my conditioner and it's 10 pm so I can't get any-

I haven't washed my hair in a week bleh-

Anyways, coughs, I went back to school today after being gone for a week from qurantine-

I've felt so bleh lately but I'm happy to be writing-

Anyways, hope y'all enjoyed this monstrosity of a chapter. Don't forget to vote, comment, follow, dm me blah, blah, blah-

~whoops