She sighed of relief but quickly became startled again as she heard more whispers. Marlene Mckinnon had entered the great hall sporting James Potters jumper. Her blonde hair was neatly clipped back. She gave everyone an enthusiastic smile before going towards Siobhán to sit down next to her.

"How are you?" she faked a blissful tone. Siobhán took this as a hint to continue the act so everyone would be fooled.

"I'm fine." she grabbed her fork and took pieces of bacon from the plates in front of her. Marlene hummed, glancing back at the entrance of the great hall. Eyes were still on them as the two just waited for James to come for his big part. "And you?"

"Good." she put her hair behind her shoulders. "Does this jumper look alright on me?" Siobhán eyed her up and down and nodded. She thought the jumper looked better on Marlene than it did on her. Marlene after all was the better option, but her insecurities wouldn't be voiced to others. She would keep them to herself for as long as she lived. Siobhán would take them to the grave.

"Lovely," she muttered, taking a fork full of eggs. Marlene gave her a short smile and quickly adjusted the jumper to make it sit under her thighs. Whispers became high again as James Potter made his grand entrance.

A few of the buttons on his shirt were open, his sleeves rolled above his elbows, glasses up the bridge of his nose, messy raven-colored hair, and the iconic sloppy grin screamed James Potter. He entered the great hall with a strut and made his way towards Marlene and Siobhán. Students just stared at him with admiration as he went towards the Gryffindor table.

Siobhán personally thought he was an amazing actor. He pretended as if nothing was wrong and proceeded to come towards them with twice the confidence he possessed. She found him quite attractive in his state, but it was the wrong time to think of such things. James would have to kiss Marlene in front of her. She had a first-hand view of what would unfold in a couple of moments. Siobhán shook her head and turned over to her plate.

James smoothly slid into the empty spot near Marlene. He gave her a wink as she pretended to be flustered by his charms. The two proceeded to make small talk as the whole great hall was watching their interactions.

"Want some strawberries, love?" James grabbed a strawberry and showed it to Marlene. She nodded with a small scrunch of her nose. James opened his mouth, gesturing her to open her mouth. Marlene followed his movement and he slipped the strawberry halfway into her mouth. She took a bite and chewed, giving him a small smile. He patted her on the head and ate the rest of the strawberry, leaving the top of it on his plate.

"James, one more." she put a finger up and he smiled. James grabbed another strawberry and fed it to her. Once she finished chewing she gave him a small thumbs up.

Students were watching them with wide eyes as Siobhán didn't want to look at what was happening. She wouldn't want to be pained by jealously, not that she had any reason to be. James and her were friends — and only friends. She gathered all her confidence and bravery to glance up at the pair with a fake smile.

James gazed at Marlene's lips before finally going in for a kiss. Their lips locked and Siobhán just watched with eyes peeled open. He caressed her cheek as the kiss deepened. Students awed in surprise as they observed the passionate kiss.

Departing from the kiss, Marlene caught her breath as she gazed up at James who licked his lips. "Your lips taste like strawberries," he whispered. She slapped him on the arm. James quickly gave her a small smirk.

Siobhán glanced over at Sirius who was sitting next to Remus and Lily. He gave her a confused expression and she just shrugged her shoulders. Deep down she wanted to say something against the actions the two were doing. Anger, sadness, and jealousy were all brewing inside her.

epiphany ♕ | 𝗷𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें