Chapter 20: Redemption

Start from the beginning

"We might die in the future...", he frowned. My mouth went dry and I held his shoulders carefully. "Tommy... Don't say that...", I frowned. My baby brother smiled and shook his head before he took my hands. "I didn't want to scare Mother or Father but the voice told me this... It told me that it would destroy the descendants of Life and Death... It wants the suffering of the Deci...", frowned Tommy. He was shaking and began to explain that a strange voice told him all that and more. I hid him away, I was lost for words on how to console the child. "I'll do anything possible for that not to happen... I don't know how but we have to try our best to not let that happen okay?", I whispered. Tommy nodded and hugged me close, that night I sat there taking care of the children before my husband joined me. 

"What happened?", he asked, taking my hand. My hand squeezed his before I confessed what the children had confessed to me, Techno frowned and looked at the boys before he reassured me that they would be fine. "I saw something else in my dreams... It wasn't my past.", I frowned. Techno looked at me confused before he asked what I meant. "In my dreams, I saw your past... Your life before you were the Blood God and before you were the King of Veri.", I confessed. My eyes met with my husband and he had an expression that he hardly showed, he was scared. "You must think I'm a mons-", he didn't finish before I stood up from my chair and hugged him. Tears fell freely from my eyes before I told him that he wasn't anything he thought he was. "You are a warrior... You are my husband and everything that is related to your past doesn't affect my feelings for you.", I whispered. Techno hugged me back, he held onto me as if he would lose me if he let go. "You love me even when I'm the reason your village was killed? I'm the monster that you wanted to kill... I should have told you but I had already fallen so deeply in love with you that I was afraid of losing you... You and this new family I had received.", he confessed. I lifted his face and kissed him, his large hands held my face and we looked at each other. "You didn't kill them... You aren't at fault for their death and never were, Techno. You were a victim along with them, I would never hold you accountable for their deaths...", I reassured. Techno nodded before he sat me in his lap, after everyone was checked on, we headed into our room. 

The phenomenon caused all four kingdoms to gather and see what the potential cause was but no one could figure it out. No one had any idea of the gem since Philza said it was better to keep it a secret. "It's not that I don't trust our friends... I just think we should figure it out before they find out about it...", he frowned as the Kings left to their kingdoms. I sighed before I nodded, we began focusing on the kingdom along with my health since my slumber had caused me to lose a lot of weight and sadly become weaker. My training with Techno was once again renewed even if he tried not to be hard on me. "I have something to give you.", I smiled after finishing one of our training routines. My husband looked at me before he smiled and approached me, I took his hand and placed a locket in his hand. He looked at it before he opened it, he froze before his eyes were on me. "Where did you get this?", he whispered. I sighed before I confessed that I had accidentally broken it back when I had first arrived in Veri. 

"Remember? I broke your window and you tried to kill me?", I grinned. Techno sighed before he placed the locket around his neck. He cupped my face and kissed me, I hummed and wrapped my arms around his neck. He smiled before he took my hand, we began to walk around and my husband began to tell me about the woman in the locket. "My mother... She was the queen... I never really told you while keeping it out of our history books since my birth was forbidden...", said Techno. He began to slowly tell me more about his past yet never went into too much detail. Things slowly began to go back to how they were before the chaotic events and we hosted a party to celebrate our wedding properly since I had fallen asleep not long after our wedding. I received a lot of love from our people and they were more than overjoyed with our union. Techno decided to fund part of Quackity's new kingdom and in exchange, the new kingdom would become a neutral ground for all the four kingdoms. Our friends agreed and soon after they celebrated their own wedding. I began to spend more time with the children and focused on their education and magic training. Finally, after much thought, I went to address an issue that had been bothering me since waking up. 

"Please, Your Majesty... Please refrain from telling my son who I am... It's for the best.", said Mark. He was no longer smiling, to me, that was a surprise since Mark had always been a happy person before now. "If that's what you truly wish for then... I accept... I swear on my family's name that I shall keep your secret until you wish to reveal it.", I said. The man sighed before he thanked me, even though I didn't like the fact that he was a servant, he seemed content with what he had. I was explained who he truly was and why he could never tell Techno about any of it. "I am a foreigner and I was a slave after arriving in this country... Back then it was normal to own slaves before Queen Sora forbid it, that is one of the reasons why I can't tell him... He is a great King now and it's better that no one knows who I am.", said Mark. After that, I asked him about the gem that I had activated before the events. The man frowned before explaining that he had never heard about that gem before. I thanked him before heading to the library, I began intensive research to discover what that gem was. 

It was something that I needed to do since after waking up, no one had found the box or the note that I had seen. "Here again?", asked a voice. I looked up to smile at Wilbur, he sat down with me and began to ask what I was looking for. "I see... So father forbade us from speaking about this mysterious gem...", frowned Wilbur after I told him. I sighed before telling him that no one knew about the gem I was talking about, my brother frowned before he suggested we ask the other members of the Deci when our Father allowed us. "I haven't seen Sally around.", I frowned. Wilbur gave me a soft smile before telling me that she was resting since his slumber had caused her a lot of worries. "She's always been of a delicate nature.", I frowned. Wilbur asked if he could leave to the Forest of Alieus until she recovered, he would look into the gem from there and inform me if he found anything. "Brother... You never have to ask if it's concerning your family's safety or health. Don't worry about the gem, Father and I will focus on that for now.", I smiled. He thanked me before he headed off to inform our parents, as soon as they were ready they all left once again. 

After much thinking, I decided that I needed to see if another race might have the answer to my questions concerning the gem. I entered Techno's study to see him with Tommy was in his lap, fast asleep. "Did you two train hard?", I smiled. I carefully took the boy and sat on the edge of the desk, my husband saw how nervous I was before he asked me what was wrong. "I want to travel and ask the other races about the gem that caused all this... Of course, I'll travel only a few days and return before resting properly and going on another journey.", I said. My husband looked at me before he smiled. "Shall we go then?", he asked as removed his glasses and placed down some paperwork. A sense of reassurance washed over me as he asked that, since no evidence of the gem were found, part of me thought my family would think I was crazy but thankfully I was proven wrong. I nodded and smiled as my brother stirred in his sleep, I expressed my gratitude towards Techno for reassuring me on my research for the gem's information. After talking to my parents and the children, they all reassured us that they would do their best to keep the kingdom in top shape while we were on our search for answers. We thanked them and began to prepare for our first journey, Techno took hold of my hand before placing a gentle kiss on it.

"Let us begin with this research, (Y/n)..."

Apologies for errors
Hope you enjoyed, as always
Thanks for

*Reading
*Voting
*Commenting
*Following
*Adding this to your Reading list

Have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night!

*~ TØP RAVEN ~*