My eyes were glistening as I looked up at the stars, as I slightly shivered.

Should've brought a jacket.

It got me some time to think about how I shouldn't have been so stupid, and be so helpless towards love. Was I really desperate to find it that I had completely ignored Hermione's complaints, even Ron's warnings?

Harry was right, he is a Slytherin. What else could I expect.

I pulled my arms closer to my chest, as I heavily sighed. Sniffles coming from my nose as I do so.

The night was beautiful, beautifully ruined by Malfoy. I couldn't believe how Slytherins could be so cruel, that I hated the fact that I believed that I could even change one.

Yet again, I should stop thinking of them. They were going to ruin my life even more. But was I a hypocrite?

Did I even love Draco? Did I ever seen him that way, or did I say him as a getaway from a certain somebody that's been crossing my mind.

Love is confusing, yet here I am trying to solve it.

But as I was thinking, I heard somebody come sit next me, a heavy sigh coming out of them as they sat.

I looked over my shoulder, and saw it was Harry sitting next to me. His hair got messier than the last time I saw him at the dance floor, which made him look a lot cuter if I was being honest.

"Are you okay?" He started, as he looked up at the midnight sky.

I shrugged, as I looked at the sky.

"Could've been better." I admitted in a tiny whisper, as I looked down at my lap. I didn't want him to see me crying, so I avoided making eye contact with him.

"I'm sorry about Draco being a jerk." He said, as his legs dangled on the edge. "He doesn't deserve your pure heart." He continued, as I saw in the corner of my he was looking at me. I could tell the look was sincere.

I sighed, as I helplessly shrugged and looked at me, certain my eyes were slightly red.

"Why did you come for me? You could've just stayed with Ginny at the ball, instead of comforting me." I asked him, tilting my head.

He shrugged, and looked down at my dress which was tangled up at the edges.

"I thought you needed some company after you got yourself heartbroken." He admitted , softly.

                switched to Harry Potters POV

"But I can go if you would like." I assured her, starting to get up, and leave. I brushed off wrinkles of my suit, as I started walking away. Feeling the back of her stare behind me.

She'll grab my hand.

I felt Y/N's hand grab my wrist, stopping me from walking as I turned around to face her, as my face filled up with confusion.

Perfect.

"You don't have to go." She assured, as she let
go of my hand. "You can stay here." She continued, offering a side smile.

I smiled and nodded, as we sat back down to look over the view. Did I tell you she looked absolutely stunning in that dress?

"What are your thoughts about Slytherins now?" I questioned, side smiling as I put my hands on my lap.

She gave me a small nudge, as she shook her head and looked up at the small stars.

"They are as bad as trolls." She teased, as I chuckled and shook my head.

The view was spectacular for a winter night like this, as I felt raindrops on my hand. I looked at my hand, and the sky as some dropped in my face.

Stupid rain.

"How is it raining already?" Y/N complained, as she put out her hands to feel the drops touching her hand.

Did I also mention her hand was soft?

(LMFOS MY HANDS ARE ROUGH AS CRAP)

"Bad luck happens, I guess." I said, as the rain started pouring more now.

I looked at her, and saw her curls slowly straightening, as it was getting wet from the rain.

Harry, offer her your jacket you idiot!

I quickly took off my jacket, and handed it to her, since she was slightly shivering.

I nudged at her, as she looked at me, than at my jacket I was handing her.

"It's okay, I'm not that cold." She said stubbornly.

"Yeah right, just wearing it. You're going to get sick." I advised, as I basically forced her to hold my jacket.

She shook her head, as she took the jacket and put it on.

"We should get inside."

She nodded and looked at me, a genuine smile that made my heart melt.

"Thanks for being there for me Harry. You're a good friend."

Friend.

I smiled and stood up, the rain fogging up my glasses a bit, but I could partially see that I put my hand out for her to reach.

"Anything for a friend."

For now.

•••••

👩🏻‍🦯