"No objections here. I vote for Kurapika," Basho agreed.

Linssen nodded in agreement.

"I vote for him as well," I said. "If my vote counts seeing that I'm not an official bodyguard unlike the rest of you."

"That's that," said Squala. "You make the call."

"I understand," said Kurapika. "As the interim leader, I'll make the call to Mr. Nostrade. This is only until we confirm what's become of Dalzollene."

He's dead.

"....any final decision will be Mr. Nostrade's to make."

Approaching the girl, Kurapika held out her phone to her.

"It would be inappropriate for me to call him directly," said Kurapika. "So would you provide an introduction, boss?"

"Sure."

She took the phone from Kurapika and dialed her father's number.

"Then I'm putting him on now...."

"Hello?"

______

"Look at this," Kurapika said to everyone.

He sat in front of a computer with a list.

"What's that?" Squala asked. "A list of buildings owned by the Nostrade Family?"

"There's a list of family members," said Melody, peering over my shoulder. "I didn't know this information was available."

"This website can only be accessed by pro-hunters," he explained. "With this information, they can locate this room."

"A website for pro-hunters," Squala murmured.

"Then if one of the enemies is a pro-hunter..."

"Then that means they can also access the website," I finished Melody's sentence. "That also means they can figure out which building we're currently in."

"We're in big trouble," said Kurapika. "We need to take the boss and find a different room."

"Eh? In the same hotel?" Melody questioned.

"Ah, I get it," I said. "If we moved buildings, they'll be able to figure that out too."

"And it's faster and avoids needless movement," said Kurapika. "But we can't use fake names. We'll have Melody or Basho register the room. Make sure everyone, especially the boss, stays inside."

"Got it."

"Don't check out of this one."

"Kurapika, what about you?" Melody asked.

"I'll stay here."

"Huh?"

Thought so.

"Once he makes up his mind, he won't back down from it," I said. "And yes, it's exactly what you're thinking. He's planning on dealing with them on his own."

_____

"Why are you here? Help Melody and the rest, not me!"

I stood by the door with Kurapika glaring at me from the inside.

"I couldn't just leave you alone," I said, approaching him. "It would be wrong for me to."

"I gave you an order."

"But I don't work for the Nostrade Family, do I? Your order is meaningless."

Kurapika clenched his jaw and I got closer to him.

"Melody is worried about you," I said. "I'm worried about you. Can't you tell?"

Kurapika looked away from me with his back turned.

"I can't afford to be worried."

"But-"

"Just go back to the room! I'll be fin-."

With one hand grasping the front of his shirt, I brought his head down to mine.

"You're really stubborn, aren't you?" I whispered.

And I leaned up to kiss him.

I can feel the muscle tension slowly starting to ease. Hesitating, Kurapika gently rested a hand on my back, pulling me closer to him.

"Don't die on me, Kurapika," I murmured against his lips. "I'd hate to see your body buried six feet underground."

Shoulders sagging, Kurapika met my eyes.

"I'll try not to, I promise."

I smiled at him.

"I'll hold onto that promise, Kurapika."