Chapter 40

After lunch, Xiao Gu didn't let Mi Qing go back to the shop to work, but directly let her go back to Nancheng Garden with him.

The bright and upright welcomed it with open arms. She imagined going home and turning on the heated while taking a nap. These days simply have not been too nourishing.

But upon opening the door, he was shocked at the mess the house has turned into.

The plush pillows were all dragged to the floor, and one of the pillows seemed to have been cut by something sharp, and the cotton wool inside were all scattered out. There were also scraps of paper scattered on the floor, visually the remains of the few magazines in the corner. A number of other small ornaments also rolled to the floor. Mi Qing looked at the messy living room and blinked quickly a few times, "Is this....have we been robbed?"

It's true that thieves are more rampant at the end of the year, and after all, they're also in the final stages of their performance sprint.

Xiao Gu quickly regained his normal expression after his initial daze. He glanced toward Husky lying in his kennel and said in a threatening tone, "Tiantian, is your skin itching again?"

"Woof!" Husky wagged his tail condescendingly, not even giving him a glance.

Mi Qing looked at Husky, which was very different from before, and asked Xiao Gu next to her, "Is he reaching the rebellious stage?"

"I haven't brought him down for a walk these last two days, so he's messing with me." Xiao Gu said as he walked towards Husky's kennel.

Mi Qing watched Husky lying in his nest elegantly, thinking to herself that he's the real princess.

Xiao Gu crouched down in front of the doghouse and ordered Mi Qing, "Go back to your room first, I'll beat him up."

Mi Qing: "..."

"Then, take it easy on your hands." With that, she turned around and was about to take a quick step toward her house when her gaze stopped at the magazines that had been torn apart from a corner somewhere.

She walked around the mess and picked up one and flipped through it casually, "What magazines do you usually read?" There's nothing on the inside page, Topless, Breast, Stunning beauty. Mi Qing gently ticked the tip of her eyebrows and went to get another one.

Xiao Gu thought about it and understood what she was looking for. He smiled down and asked her, "What magazine do you want me to read?"

Mi Qing didn't reply, just flipped through the magazines and found that they were all financial and gourmet, so she stood up, "It's nothing." She clapped her hands together and went back to her room.

She had locked the door when she went out, so her room was spared. She was slightly relieved when she faintly heard a few barks coming from outside the door.

When Xiao Gu finished cleaning up Tiantian, he went to knock on Mi Qing's door: "Sleep first, I'll finish cleaning up the room. I have to go to the interior design company. You take Tiantian down for a walk after four o'clock, remember to keep him on a leash."

"Oh." Mi Qing nodded and took over Xiao Gu's task.

Xiao Gu was ready to turn around and asked one more time, "Do you know how to leash a dog?"

".... Of course, I do!" Mi Qing wished she could put the leash around his neck.

Xiao Gu laughed and said, "Don't go to a place with lots of dogs, lest I have to rescue you later."

Mi Qing: "..."

"Quietly tidy up your house and go!" With that, Mi Qing slammed the door heavily.