Chapter One - What Happened Here?

TW; Blood, mentions of violence, etc

I just want to say before this book starts, every ship in this is purely platonical.

______________________________

Dust spiraled in different directions as sharp, slightly flattened rocks got crushed under the weight of a landing ship. The entire machine shook with impact as it carefully landed, taking a second to stabilize before opening a cavernous door with a huff. Slowly, the area in front of the ship lit up as the light from inside the dropship reflected on the pale magenta stones of the planet.

A couple dark figures stood from the light blue seats located near the back of the dropship, stepping to the ramp leading to the odd world before pausing. The one leading, a dark haired man with a cyan suit and sunglasses, looked back at the group. "You guys ready?" His voice was consistent and neutral.

Most of them simply nodded, while a few of them actually spoke up to give their agreements. A few of them hesitated a couple seconds more as the cyan one stepped down onto the rocks, a feeling of un-belonging making them stop in their steps. Although slowly, they all eventually complied and stepped up behind the other. 

The last was a dark-suited man with a dark purple mask covering two-thirds of his face, his hands shaking slightly to show he was nervous, although it was barely noticeable. A slightly smaller man in dark green seemed to notice, a light green scarf sitting on his shoulders being twirled around his hands absent-mindedly. "You okay, Corpse?"

Corpse's eyes seemed to linger on the asker, as if considering whether lying or telling the truth, before shrugging. "Yeah. I just have a bad feeling about this place. Don't worry about me, Sykkuno."

"Oh, you feel it too?" Sykkuno perked up, causing Corpse to furrow his eyebrows in confusion. Sykkuno was usually the oblivious one out of the two of them, so if both him and the smaller felt a foreboding feeling, then it probably wasn't good.

Corpse decided not to respond, instead averting his gaze to travel around the encampment. It was dark, none of the lights being on even though he could spot multiple set-up lightbulbs just from the illumination from their own ship. From where he was standing near the back of the group, he could see the outline of multiple buildings.

"Alright, the plan is to go in, find the missing crew, and then hopefully leave." Toast nodded, as if confirming the plan with himself.

The camp seemed large for the small group that had went missing, and Corpse wondered why they needed so many buildings.

It wasn't until he was many paces behind that Corpse realized he was being left. He hurriedly caught up, not wanting to be left alone in the eerie camp, and followed the brightly-suited group forward towards what looked like the main building, with glass that reflected the only light that came from the ship behind them.

"This is creepy," The girl in the red suit states, moving a bit of hair out of her face. "Can we get the lights on, please?"

"Our suit flashlights are the best thing we got for now." The cyan man told her.

The man in a hot pink spoke up, scratching the rim of his golden hair. "But cant we find the electricity panel, Toast? It has to be around here somewhere."

"We'll find it when we get to it." Toast tried to end the conversation there, but suddenly, Sykkuno spoke up.

"Hey! Is that it?" He pointed at a little outcrop poking out of a nearby building, a satellite attached to it and the keys dusted with snow.