1 | never anger an angry father

Comincia dall'inizio

"Have some respect, princess." I told her as we walked out of the restaurant.

I dumped the book into a trash bin as we walked by.

"Really, Elaine?" She shot me a dirty look.
"You don't need that thing, princess." I told her.

"I need that thing, Elaine." She retorted. "It entertains me."

I entered my car along with my sister who sat in the passenger seat. "That's why there are f*ckboys around." I told her as I revved the engine.

Elise wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Not that kind of entertainment."

"Whatever you say, princess." I said in a sing-song voice as we drove home.

When we arrived home, I walked to my father's office but paused when I saw him and my mother sitting together in the living room

The duo looked so elegant and poised, I felt like a patch of mashed potatoes in front of them.

"I got your text, dad." I gestured to my phone.

My sister rolled her eyes. "Which governor's son did she sleep with again?"

"Watch your mouth, Elise." My mother chided her, with a glare.

Elise dived to the couch and hugged a pillow but I stood in front of them, with my hands crossed against my chest.

"It isn't that." My father said, his deep voice never failed to intimidate me. "Your grandmother has been asking about you."

I frowned.

This was different.

"Which one?" I asked.

"Doris." He said.

Grandma Doris was originally from England but she moved to the USA a few years ago.

I have never gone to visit her. Not that I was planning to, but seeing as the pictures Elise showed me of her constant visit with the old woman, she stayed in the countryside of America; the place with cows and farms.

I preferred London's busy streets, tall buildings, and anything man-made and there was nothing that was going to convince me to go to a place like that.

"Yeah, so?"

"We were thinking you should go and stay there for a few months." My mother interjected.

Suddenly, a range of furry grew in me and I ended up yelling at my parents. "What?! You're allowing this?!"

"Elaine, listen, it's only a few months-"

"Wha-mom! Seriously?!"

I ignored my mother who tried to calm me down. "THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY I AM STAYING IN THAT WRETCHED PLACE. YOU SERIOUSLY THINK I AM GOING TO THAT FUCKING PLACE?"

With anger brewing in me, I gaged and stormed out of the living room and began to climb the endless stairs up to my room.

Big mistake.

"ELAINE!" I heard my father's loud voice boom across the house.

There was no stopping now. I was too furious to think of the consequences.

"ELAINE!" He bellowed, his voice resonating across the house. I could hear my mother telling him to calm down. But I still went on climbing.

Suddenly I felt a hand grab my forearm. I turned around and saw my father had managed to climb the stairs at an alarming speed.

"LET GO!" I cried, in anger.

Before I knew it he pulled me from the stairway and dragged me to the living room and ignored my resistance to it.

He harshly pushed me onto the couch. "This will be the last time I'll tolerate your stupidity." He growled. "For goodness sake, you're a woman!"

My hair covered my face, as I hid in shame and embarrassment. My head was on Elise's lap, who tried to comfort me.

My breathing was heavy and rigid, and my eyes were burning up but I didn't dare move.

My mother held his shoulders and as he turned to look at her, his harsh glare softened.

She said something to him before he closed his eyes and opened them. "Go pack your things Elaine, you'll leave tomorrow morning or evening. Whichever time you choose."

With that, he walked out of the living room leaving the room eerily quiet.

First chapter!

How was it? Please comment your thoughts and vote!
They encourage me to write more!

Feel free to kindly point out any mistakes!

Thank you!