"Or what about that one, too many cooks spoil the broth?" The blonde haired girl snapped straight back at him.

"So, what's the plan, guys?" Chloe butted in interrupting all of the feud between the pair. "Planned anything nice?"

"Thought we'd start down at the rec with some cider? We can take it from there." Cory said, using his free hand to lift the bag containing the ciders that they had been sold obviously underage.

"So what actually goes on at the rec then?" The smaller brunette winked, still in the taller boys grasp.

"What happens in the rec, stays in the rec." The taller brunette wiggled his eyebrows, with him and Chloe now walking in the opposite direction from the other two. "Aren't you two coming?"

"You can forget it, he's only after one thing." Elle sighed, preparing to walk away. "Is that all your after, Chloe?"

"Well, he's hot." The younger girl shrugged. "So's the other one, so if you're not interested then just say. Is it past your bedtime, Elleanor?" She began to mock.

"You two weren't even invited, I wasn't after this." Riz butted in. "There's more to a girl than just a bottle of cider. Come on, we'll go somewhere else." He looked over, giving Elle a sympathetic look.

"Just leave it, yeah?" Elle gave Riz a faint smile before turning round to walk away. "We'll do this another time."

✦✧✦

"Any room for one?" Was the voice that made Elle jump out of her skin, as she had sat down on a park bench not too far from the rec. "Didn't mean to scare you there." A little chuckle came out of his mouth.

"Shouldn't you be down the rec with your cider and London?" Elle looked up to find Cory standing there, as she scooted along to allow him to sit next to her. "Classy first date that were."

"You know I'm not actually interested in her, it were only a way to get back at you and Riz." Cory sighed, taking up the empty seat on the bench. "I came here to talk, Ells."

"I don't think there's much to say." The blonde shrugged at him. "You wouldn't know how to treat a girl right if it were to whack you across the face." She let out a little giggle to herself.

"Well it explains why I've come to find you, don't it?" He gave her a sympathetic look. "Please, Ells. Just here me out, yeah? If you can forgive Missy then why should I be any different?"

"Because she admitted it were wrong and it were a one off." Elle explained, with Cory nodding his head, understanding. "Besides she's my best mate and I can't stay mad at her forever. You were just an almost boyfriend who couldn't keep it in his pants and continually hurt me."

"You have such a way with words, although I admit I'm all that and more." Cory let out a fainthearted chuckle. "After the whole Nas and Alya thing, it made me realise that I had lost out on someone special. Then seeing you with Riz didn't help and I got jealous. Chloe were just there to get back at you and to hopefully make you jealous too."

"I guess it kind of worked, mission accomplished." She gave him a small smile, as she fidgeted with her fingers. "As the saying goes, you don't know what you've got until it's gone."

"We're still at it, eh?" The taller boy gave returned the smile, before putting his arm around her shoulders. "But that's exactly why I've come to try and win you back, that's if you'll let me."

"Did you fall and smack your head? This is the Cory that I'd never thought I'd see." Elle let out a little laugh, as she rested her head upon his shoulder. "So, where does this leave us?"

"Maybe making it official is a little too soon?" Cory cocked his head to the side, looking down at the girl. "How about we start over? Take things slow?"

"No trying to get back at each other? No kissing other people?" Elle looked back up at him as both of their smiles grew wider. "Deal?"

"Deal." Cory grinned, cupping the smaller girl's cheek and pulling her closer towards him. Before they knew it, they had shared their second kiss on the exact same bench they did the first. "Will that seal the deal?"

"Signed and sealed." The blonde smirked, before she went back to resting her head on Cory's shoulder.

"So, what's your plans tonight then? Fancy going back down the rec?" Cory chuckled, stroking the girl's hair.

"I'm supposed to be going to Leeds with Missy and Nas, something about getting Nas a rebound date." Elle explained, as Cory frowned at her. "Clubs and all really aren't my scene but you know what like Missy is."

"Well, don't go then." The older Wilson brother gave her puppy dog eyes. "I'm sure that there's other places where you'd rather be, eh?"

"You mean you don't want me to go so I can stay here with you?" She looked, giving him a giggle. "On the deal that we don't go back to that chip shop we went last time."

"A kebab this time?" He smirked, as she nodded her head in agreement.

Before long, the pair walked down the road hand in hand, in the hope they would receive a better tasting takeaway this time.

✦✧✦

maybe not what you expected, i hope?

elle and riz you were hoping for? well not just yet. there's another two series of this to go so there are plenty of twists and turns to come, i'm sure.

but for now, all aboard the elle and cory train <3

all my love, b x