Chapter 5 - Home Again

Ricky

Before I know it, I'm waving goodbye to Chicago. As much as I'll miss seeing Mom, I can't wait to get home. I hope Nini took my advice about The Youth Actors Conservatory. As much as I love her and and to be with her, I don't want to get in the way of the rest of her life. I mean, she'll visit every weekend, won't she? We'll be fine.

I zone out for a while on the plane, just watching some soap opera I don't know the name of. As soon as we land, I turn my phone off airplane mode. I want to see if Nini texted me since yesterday. Nothing. I see my Dad in the port and wave to him. I run over and give him a hug.

"Hey bud! How was Chicago?" he asks.

"So fun!" I reply and get into the car.

Soon we're home and I begin to unpack. As soon as I'm finished, I text Nini to let her know I'm home. I get a Snapchat notification.

 I get a Snapchat notification

I grin. Big Red and Ashlyn's families were vacationing together in Los Angeles. They're coming home today, like me. I message back saying,

ᴹᴱ
|tell her I say hi back!

ᴮᴵᴳ ᴿᴱᴰ
|will do!

I close my phone and take out my book. I read for an hour or two until Dad calls me down for dinner. Still nothing from Nini. When I reach the door, I hear a ding from my phone. I grab it, thinking it's from Nini. But the name on the screen isn't Nini.

It's Gina.

Crud.

Hi it's me again, and I'm sorry but I really wanted to add a cliffhanger cause um, well, I just wanted to.

I'm sorry.