"That is partly true, I did come here as a rougue wolf, but I am an alpha. I am the Luna of the Ice Lake Pack" I said. Brownie snarled and suddenly lunged with a near-blinding speed,

"You mean you stole the position from me. I dodged her attack narrowly and lunged. I nocked into her side causing her to stumble backwards. Brownie growled, expressing her rage.

"I never stole the position because you never were. You were perhaps the beta wolf, but I never stole anything from you" I replied, my voice was calm and smooth like the frosty snow.

"No, you stole everything from me. You stold my home, my mate, and my status as the alpha" Brownie snarled. 'That's right, I forgot how she thought it was. Brownie had convinced herself that Jinx was to be her true mate' I remembered.

"No, I stole nothing from you. You gave all of it up; you left the pack, you killed your mate Flame, and you became the alpha of Moonshine pack" I replied, "You destroyed all of that" I reminded her. 

"Shut up" Brownie sharled and began to shake her head, "Just shut up because you lie! I'm going to strip away everything you love dearly before making sure you suffer a long, gruesome, and painfull death!" Brownie howled in anger. She lunged quickly, and I saw nothing but a blur. Brownie's sharp teeth tore into my shoulder and I was knocked aside. What I saw next made me leep to my feet; ignoring the trail of blood my shoulder was leaving. Brownie was trying to squirm into the nursery den! She probably would have made it in quicker if she weren't so large now, being a massive wolf.

"I will not let you harm my pups!" I growled. I bit down on her tail causing her to yelp. I shook my body and tore at her tail and she was forced to exit the den. Her tail was in shreads, undescribable and she was furious! I bit and slashed with my teeth at her back legs causing her to yelp, and she finally whirled around. I wasn't able to leap back quick enough though. Brownie lunged, landing on top of me, and I could feel her hot, rancid breath in my face.

"If your so willing to die so fast then I might as well kill you" Brownie snarled. Before I could make a response I felt her jaws at my neck. Something hot and sticky began to pool around my neck, there were little white dots, and then it was black all over. 

"I'm sorry Jinx, I failed" I murrmered the words, though they were barely audible over the sound of Brownie's cruel laughter as she found my death amusing.

Jinx:

I ran up the hill towards the flat clearing where the den was, when the scent of blood reached my nose. I reached the top, and the sight was gruesome. Brownie's tail and back legs were a mess; tail shreaded, and deep gashes in her back legs. A soft whimpering told me the pups were still in the den, but had been dsiturbed, but then the sight of the wolf with black and white fur in a still spilling pool of red staining the snow made my heart begining to feel heavy.

"Jinx, its so good to see you again" Brownie said, grinning as if nothing was wrong. She moved towards me, wagging her tail in a friendly manner. Brownie's eyes turned brown again, but I noticed her fur had turn as black as night, and even her scent smelled different. I smelled flowery, but the scent of blood from fighting, and the scent of death lingered on her. I growled at her,

"Stay away from me" I ordered and rushed to my fallen mates side. I sniffed her nose and her fur, but found that she was becoming cold. I couldn't say a word to her before she had parted, I was too late. Watery eyes watched in the darkness of the nursery den; Jasmine, Sweet Fur, and Chika. I noticed Makita's body lying in the snow, but I could hear soft breathing. Makita was injured, and couldn't move, and then my mate is dead.

"Why care for that rogue, that fea infested rogue" Brownie said, her voice blunt.

"Because she was my true mate" I snarled and I lunged, but only found that Brownie shifted her position and her teeth sank deeply into my shoulder. Pain flooded my entire being and I howled in pain and fury. I saw nothing for a momment, just a blur of blinding speed as Brownie attacked. I felt her teeth tear a shallow wound under my eye and my other shoulder and finally in pain and exhaustion I collasped as well. Brownie stood tall and proud above me, her head held high.