Diary, Page 50-something

- Tuesday, May 4th, 2022. Alice was here.

It's gonna be a quiet day today, I can tell. No zombies on the streets. Sweetpea's keeping watch at the window, as always. He still likes shooting zombies, after all this time. I guess that's all life is when you're a plant, especially a Repeater like him. Repeaters are so cool, with their little angry eyebrows. Way cooler than normal peashooters.

Had breakfast with Mom and Stella. Markus still isn't out of his room. He's way too paranoid, honestly. I know that it's absolute zombie-ville out there, but really! He doesn't have to lock himself in his room forever! I can smell him through the door, at this point. Poor guy, honestly.

Back in my room. I'm still reading Sunshine Girl #8. You can really tell that the series started going downhill around this one, her powers are so inconsistent! She's just supposed to have a sunbeam and heal her plant teammates, since when can she light zombies on fire? I'm thinking of writing my own Sunshine Girl comic, just to prove that I could make one better than this one. Seriously, it's that bad. I still don't get why it's Markus's favorite.

Mom called Stella and I downstairs for our daily pep talk. She reminded us how we're loved, how we deserve a good future, all the normal stuff. She told me to remind Markus that we care about him. I tried to, but he yelled at me to go away. Sheesh, man! I was just trying to cheer him up! Markus is so annoying sometimes. Maybe his bad comic taste is getting to his head.

I read part of Sunshine Girl #3 to Sweetpea, it's his favorite. It's my favorite too. I guess we just both have better taste than most.

Good night.

- Wednesday, May 5th, 2022. Alice was here.

It's quiet.