f i v e

Jane Fox

My sleep was ruined by yelling and music coming for the other dorms. Seeing that the other two girls are awake, we decided that I should go to the boys dorm. First stop is Luis, Dwayne, Ken and Goldberg's dorm. Right before we can knock, the door is slammed open by Luis. Who was wearing Dwayne's cowboy hat. Ken and Luis try to run past me, but I grab the collars of their shirts. "What the hell is going on?", I ask raising my voice. Luis goes to speak but is interrupted by Goldberg stumbling past them being chase by Dwayne covered in shaving cream. "All of you go sit down!", I demand. Dwayne sits down in the middle of the doorway. "In the dorm.", I add calmly.

"What happened and why are you awake at 3:00 in the morning? We have a game tomorrow!", I exclaim. "I was sleeping than I woke up with this white thing all over my face. Luis, Goldberg and Ken were all standing there looking at me, so I chased them.", Dwayne blames. "Dude!", Luis blurts. "You know what they say, snitches get stitches.", Goldberg whispers to Dwayne. "Dwayne go wash your face off, as for the three of you go to bed.", I order. I'm not happy about being woken up at 3 in the morning because they decided to prank poor little cowboy. "Yes mom.", Goldberg mutters. I flip him off before leaving.

Next, I'm going to Dean and Fulton's room which is blasting music. I pound on the door till Dean opens it. "What do you want? Oh hello babe, nice outfit.", Dean smirks. Looking down at my clothes, I'm wearing a white cropped tank top with pink adidas shorts that go to about an inch above my knee. "I know I look amazing.", I add sarcastically, "Now if you don't turn down that fucking music. I'm going to slit your throat with my skate.". I smile innocently, and wave goodbye. Dean shuts the door behind me and immediately the music stops. Smiling to myself, I walk and get back to bed. Saying goodnight to my two roommates.

———————————————————————————

Gordon Bombay

"I'll talk to you right after we win!", I declare walking away from a bunch of reporters. If I hurry now, I'll make it to the locker room on time. While picking up speed, I bump into someone. "I'm sorry.", I meet the eyes of a blonde girl, I've seen her before but not sure where. "No it was my fault, I'm clumsy.", she apologizes, "Your coach Bombay" "That's right", I nod. "You play well." "Thank you" "I mean your team plays well.", she stutters. "I know what you meant.", I respond with a small smile. We both just stand there looking at each other in uncomfortable silence. "So who are you?", I break the tension. "I'm the trainer for the Iceland team.", the kids are going to like this, "I'm Marria". I shake her hand before a loud voice comes over to us. Wolf starts to speak in Icelandic to Marria as she looks at me with a sad expression.

Without even saying goodbye, she walks away. "Well, you have a way with the ladies.", I joke trying to break the tension, "We haven't formally met. I'm Gordon Bombay, coach of team usa.". "I know my competition. I know you. I know all about what you said to my niece.", he spats. He has a niece on this team?"Yeah, but do you know the real me?",
I joke making myself laugh. "Your full of confidence, cocky, american. I like that. But what I don't like is you believing that the girls can't play hockey with the boys.", he scoffs. "I don't believe that." "Well when you don't play the girls, it will make our triumph even more easier and enjoyable.", Wolf smirks. "Your triumph?", I question. Why in the hell does he talk like that, "Lighten up a little bit. We're all just here to have a". I was cut off. "A little fun, right? Don't you worry, we will. We will.", he smirks while walking away. Man, Wolf is a creepy dude.

Looking at the time, our game starts in 20
minutes. I begin my run to the locker room.

Finally, the team begins there warmup. I count the players on the ice to make sure everyone is here. 14 kids, we are missing someone. "Hey coach?", I jump and turn to see our 15th player JJ, "Where were you before the game?". My face hardens, "I was stopped by Wolf Stansson. Guess what he said, he said he has a niece on this team! Do you know who it is?", I ask. Her eyes widen as she's shakes her head, skating away to join the others.