Chapter 5 - My Wife

(GORE WARNING)

* * *

You sat up with a grumble, your dress was twisted along your legs yet again. You had tried to go to sleep hours ago but had problems settling down to actually sleep. You were regretting the coffee with dessert from earlier. Scott said he would be up late working on some stuff for the freezer, so his absence from the bed was no surprise.

He wouldn't let you help even after you offered multiple times, insisting he rather you have rested than help with messy work.

Rising up from the bed you decided to go down to the kitchen to get some water. As you left the bedroom you wrapped your shoulders in Scott's warm shirt to help distract yourself from how chilly the house got at night.

You were going to miss the light flowy dresses that you had attempted to wear into fall. Scott had caught you the other week, shivering while feeding the chickens, and urged you to work inside the rest of the day. You were quickly purchased a few heavy shirts, skirts, and dresses. You also seemed to have gained the habit of wearing Scott's flannels over some of your outfits. It was still not cold enough for the thick coat he bought you.

Pouring a glass of water you took a long drink and sighed delving into your thoughts. Wondering if you should wash the floors tomorrow and such.

Your attention was suddenly yanked outside. A loud screech and a crash of metal was heard. You tilted your head, maybe that raccoon got in the compost bins again? The lid didn't sit as well as you would have liked earlier today. Your shoulders slumped, you knew you should have fixed it. With a pout, you wrapped Scotts shirt tighter around you as you opened the door. As you open it, you peer through the screen door expecting to see two beady eyes digging through old leftovers, but what you saw made your body chill.

Your husband.

He was crawling away from the open basement doors, obviously malnourished and beaten, but here and alive. Your heart clenched as you gripped Scott's shirt, you felt bile rise up your throat. Why was he here? You felt yourself start to breathe quickly, panicking.

He stumbled, unbalanced, and landed face-first into the dirt. He rolled over to glare at the open basement doors, angry, yet scared. He was trying hard to seem bigger than he was. He looked familiar but so dirty, beaten bloody, and missing an arm. His body just looked, odd, chunks were missing.

"Stay back you animal, I'll kill you," he spat while backing up weakly and then stood. As he rose you heard a deep chuckle. While whom it came from made your heart pitter-patter you had never heard the malicious tone from Scott before. Scott appeared from below the cellar doors, stepping up into the light. A wood chopping ax balanced on his shoulder, only dressed in dirty pants and heavy boots. "Oh I'm sure, meat" he mocked, a grin slid upon his lips.

The screen door creaked as you leaned on it getting sucked into the scene before you. Both men turned their heads quickly to you.

"You!" your husband hissed his eyes locking on you.

"Sugar," Scott sighed tilting his head and frowned a little, looking like you spoiled a surprise. "I thought you were asleep hours ago." He looked over at you with a soft smile as if there was nothing wrong with the whole scenario. "Why don't you go back to bed, I will be up soon, I promise. I just have some chores to wrap up," he hummed pleasantly. The ax gently swaying next to him.

Your husband snarled his mouth dropping open wide in disgust. "You whore! You're sleeping with him? He kidnapped us and beat me, been slicing chunks of me for months, and you slept with this sociopath? You no-good whore!" he screamed hoarsely at you, breaking into a rattling cough.