Hermione could still feel the heat of Draco's eyes. She couldn't look at him yet. She needed to get out of this meeting so she could be alone with her thoughts. She gave Dumbledore a nod and some excuse about needing to get a book from the library, and then she quickly left the Heads office and headed towards her dorm. 

Draco watched her rush out, still avoiding his eyes. He knew she needed some time alone to process the news. He let out a sigh and turned to face Dumbledore, who was staring at the door, his brow scrunched together. 

"I don't understand. I thought she would be happy to spend some time with her friends?" He turned to face Draco, his brow raised in question. 

"So they are coming then? Potter and Weasley?" 

"Yes, they will be attending." 

Draco groaned and slouched back in his chair. "She hasn't heard from them since school started. They never reply to her letters. They even missed her birthday." He explained to the Headmaster. His eyebrows shoot up in surprise. 

"I see. Do you think this will be a problem for her?" 

Draco shook his head. "No, you know Hermione. She would never let anything get in the way of doing her job. She just needs some time to process, but she will be fine." 

Dumbledore nodded his agreement. "I suppose you are correct. I will leave you to it then, please just let me know who will be escorting them by Saturday night. And do keep me informed on any other progressions, I like to stay up to date on the current castle gossip." He said with a wink. 

Draco laughed. "Whatever you say, Professor." 

After Dumbledore left, Draco looked over the classes the Aurors would be attending. Of course, him and Hermione were in all of them. He wasn't sure if she was up for being their escort, and he knew he didn't want to do it, so he decided to make a list of the other prefects that possibly could so he could talk to Hermione about it later. He was just packing up to leave when his best friend Blaise walked through the door. 

"Hey, man. Where's Granger?" 

"I was just about to go find her. She is probably back at our dorm."  

Blaise nodded. "Well, i'm bored. Cool if I come with?" 

"Actually, can you wait a bit? We just got some news from Dumbledore and she is probably going to need a little more time. How about you grab Pans and Red and come up in about an hour? We will tell you about it then." Draco said, already rushing away towards the dorm. 

"Yeah, of course. I'll bring dinner to." 

"Thanks, Blaise!" Draco yelled before disappearing around a corner. Blaise smiled and turned to go find the girls. 

Draco hurried along to his dorm and when he entered he found Hermione sitting on the couch and staring at an open book in her lap. She didn't look up when he came in, so he just went and sat on the other side of the couch and pulled out his potions essay he was working on. He knew better than to bring it up, and instead gave her the time to work through what she was feeling, knowing she would talk to him when she was ready. 

Hermione could feel Draco settle in on the other side of the couch. She let out a small sigh of relief when he pulled out his essay and got to work, giving her time to think. She isn't sure wether she is mad, or hurt, or happy that the boys are coming. She wants to see them, but she is still angry at them for not replying to a single letter she sent. They didn't even send her a card for her birthday. She sat there in a comfortable silence for another 30 minutes before finally closing the book on her lap. Draco looked up at the sound and quickly set aside his work. He lifted his arm and she immediately moved to settle into his side, his arm wrapping around her and trailing up and down her back.