Just one hour before the gathering, my alarm went on forcing me to get out of my bed despite the strong urge to continue sleeping.

Our family has this usual tradition wherein we all gather together – our parents and us second generations as what most people call us. I don't even know who started that trend but yeah.

Lazily, I went inside my walk-in closet to find something to wear. The reason I asked my mom if it's fine for me not to wear a dress is that I have my period. I feel utterly uncomfortable right now. If it's only me, I'd want to skip the gathering for today and just sleep.

I want to wear some loose pants.

Another long sigh escapes my lips. I'm starting to feel so down. If I don't go, I know the girls will be worried about me. I know for a fact that they always adjust for my sake. I appreciate it a lot but I don't want to be a burden.

With deep in thought, I almost flinched when I felt my phone vibrating. Slowly, I took my phone out of my pocket and read the message I received. I realized I have one unread message from Irish and another from Y.

Reading the message Irish had sent me first, I did not hesitate to respond. She was asking about that one subject that we have together. Irish tends to feel really sleepy when in class.

After responding, I was about to check Y's message when a call came through so I had to answer. It was Atlantis.

"Hey, Lou,"

I struggled a bit as I put my phone in place while grabbing that yellow shirt I found at the very corner of my closet. I don't remember who gave it to me though. Was it Y or Latch?

"Y-yeah?"

"Are you going?" I heard her ask. I threw the shirt on the oval couch in the middle and tried searching for a pair of pants. "Irish said you look pale yesterday in your class. Will you be okay?" I can hear the worry in her tone.

I puffed my cheeks with a bit of air before responding. As always, they are very attentive even Irish.

"Yeah, don't worry, Lan. I'm fine," I assured her. We talked about what we will be doing later. After a while, our call ended leaving me with little time to prepare. In a rush, I threw my phone on the couch and headed straight to the bathroom so I can shower.

Once done, I blow-dried my long hair and left it like that without bothering to give it a style or what-so-ever. I then changed to that yellow shirt I grabbed from my closet earlier and tucked it in on the loose boyfriend jeans that I decided to pair with it. I wore a pair of white sneakers to finish off my look. I did not even bother applying some fancy makeup. It's just our usual dinner and gets together. I am probably the only one making a huge deal out of what I was supposed to wear.

Looking at the clock hanging on the wall, I realized I only have twenty minutes left. Slowly, I looked at the mirror and tried forcing a smile.

"You can do this, Lou. The girls will probably let you sleep," I sigh at the thought. To be honest, sometimes, the girls are very scary. It's scary how they can immediately see through me which I am thankful for most of the time. That way, I don't have to gather the courage to speak about what I feel.

Taking my bag and filling it with my essentials, I went to my walk-in closet to grab my phone that I threw on the couch.

With very little interest, I started reading a few more messages while going out of my room. There were tons which all probably came in while I was busy dolling up. There was a message from Mom telling me to go with my brother because she and dad will be late. Another from Lan and Irish asking me if I want to hang out here in our house instead. Latch sent me a meme he probably finds entertaining. He always does that and I bet he also sends that to every one of us. I don't even understand why he has to do that when he can send it in our group chat to save his time and effort.

I was already at the bottom of the stairs when I saw Y's message. Right, I wasn't able to read it earlier because Lantis called and I had to rush.

"I was near that store where they sell your favorite truffles so I bought some. Wait for me, I'll pick you up,"

Reading his message uplifts my spirit a bit. Y had always been that one guy from our group that I am most comfortable with. Maybe because he always talks to me first and was always okay with coming with me whenever Dad or my brother can't. If there's one guy I can tolerate staying with, that's probably him. Well, I'm okay with being with the others but Y had always been that sweet person to me. Perhaps he sees me like his younger sister. 

He's the only person who doesn't stop me when I eat a lot. In fact, I'd say he spoils me more than my brother. That's the kind of person Y is to me. Actually, he's like that to everyone else, though, he likes pissing off Gold because of his twin.

Just as I was about to respond, I heard the sound of someone clearing his throat.

"I thought I'll have to eat all these truffles by myself,"

I lifted my gaze and was startled when I saw him sitting comfortably on the couch. That confident grin he always wears on his face available for me to see. I shyly smiled at him. I hope I didn't make him wait for so long.

"Did you wait too long? I'm sorry," I bowed my head in apology as I walk close to him. I should have read his message. I wasted a lot of his time.

I felt him gently pinching the side of my cheek, making me lift my gaze and met his. For some reason, I like seeing Y smile. There is that glint in his eyes that I can't figure out but it's like, it has an aftereffect that reaches me so I end up smiling too.

Like how I'm used to, I tip-toed a bit so I can reach his cheek and gave him a quick kiss. It's a habit I have with all of them.

Once again, I was greeted by his beautiful smile. I saw him bite the inner side of his cheek before turning his head a little. Though a bit confused about why he acted like that, I did not bother questioning.

"I can wait all day, my sweet Lou. Let's go. I'd rather let you start eating on these sweets in the car before Zamara sees them." We both laugh at his words.

He then grabbed my bag and we both walked outside.

Right, if all things fail, Y will probably drive me home if I whisper mom about being sleepy. With that in thought, I felt even more at ease. 

At least I can stay with Y. 

Should I ask him if we can have donuts on our way? 

---

Leaving comments can actually inspire me to continue writing 😂