Chapter 6

That week went like a blur. And before they knew it, it was time to go to Anielle. It was very hard to leave Lyria. She cried for hours, begging her parents not to leave her behind.
They had an hour long conversation with her about the war and why she can't come with them. Lyria almost burned down the entire place to ash when she heard that, but Aelin managed to stop it before anything major happened.
They were originally supposed to leave the palace at 5 am, but because of the tantrum Lyria threw, they weren't able to actually get going till 7. After they finally managed to convince Lyria that she was too young to come with them and Jax wasn't coming either and that they were only going to be gone for a few weeks anyways. The last one was a lie, of course. They had no clue if they would return let alone when.
~
Aelin felt the cold autumn breeze brush her skin as she held on tightly to Rowan's arm. He planted a small kiss onto her crown. Lysandra and Aedion left about 20 minutes ago and Fenrys, Lorcan and Gavriel were going to be following them in about half an hour. Aelin tried to enjoy these last minute in Teressan. The breeze, the smell and the scenery.
"Are you ok?" Rowan asked, as she sat down on the soft carriage seat, "I don't wanna leave her, Ro. She... Gods, I was fine before I saw those little tears falling from those beautiful eyes of hers." She said, her own eyes lining with silver flames.
  "I know." He said, as he sat next to her and put an arm around her shoulder. She sat her head on his shoulders and Rowan slowly lowered his head, burying his nose into her golden hair, so he could smell her beautiful scent of ambers and ash, "She's too young." Aelin said, letting her tears fall. "Too young, too unprotected, too weak, I... I can't, I can't just leave her hear." She sobbed, as Rowan held her tighter, "I know, Fireheart. I don't want to either. But we don't have any other choice. And she is the child of the two of the strongest Fae in the entire world, she is anything but weak. And she has Evangeline and Elide to protect her. And everyone else in the castle she'll be ok." He said, as she planted a tender kiss on her lips.
  "I sometimes wish I was just born to a normal family" Aelin said, habitually moving her hand to her tiny belly, that was just starting to show, "I wish I just had a normal life, never having the responsibility of becoming a Queen. Never having that pressure on my shoulders." Rowan felt her smile slightly, "Then one day I would get on a ship to see my cousin that lived in Dornelle. You'd sit next to me and you'd ask for my name. I would've told you that it was none if your business, you would say that it was. I would tell you to go damn yourself and you'd say that was not a very appropriate way to talk to the Prince of Dornelle. Then you looked into my eyes. And I would know, I would know that you were my mate." Rowan smiled. He always admired her very vivid imagination. It was one of her favorite parts his.
  He smiled, too, as she also planted his hand on her stomach, "I hope this little one looks at least a little like me." Rowan chuckled. Lyria looked just like Aelin, with blue eyes, just one shade lighter than Aelin's and a thicker ring of gold and beautiful golden curls. "I can't wait to meet my little girl."
It will be a boy Aelin said from the bond Rowan let out a loud laugh No way
  How are you so sure?
  Because, Fireheart, I can smell it on you
  What do you mean?
  When someone is pregnant with a boy and a girl, the smells change accordingly. When someone is pregnant with a girl, they smell sweeter and when they are pregnant with a boy, they smell a little more bitter. You smell so, so much sweeter.
I still think you're wrong Rowan just chuckled, shaking his head, "Whatever you say, Fireheart." He whispered into her ear, as Aelin closed her eyes, leaning into his touch. He knew that she hasn't slept in 4 days. She'd get up in the middle of the night and go to Lyria's room. Rowan would go next to them, see Aelin, hugging their daughter from behind and stroking her hair. And he'd smell salt in the room, then Aelin'd look at him, her eyes teary. Rowan'd lay next to them, caress her cheeks and wipe those tears of hers away. He'd just stroke her hair and plant kisses and will try to make his mate go to sleep the entire night, knowing, if only she slept even a little bit, he'll be rested. That was the last thoughts Rowan had, before, just like his mate, he fell asleep.
~
"We're here." Aelin woke up with the voice of her husband, "How long have I been asleep?" She asked, her voice tired and fuzzy, "About 9 hours." He whispered into her ears. Aelin noticed his own voice was very tired. She lifted her head to look into Rowan's eyes. His pine green eyes stared into her own. He smiled. A smile, so deep, Aelin felt like it touched her soul, "Have you slept?"
"A little bit." Rowan said as Aelin lifted her head to look outside. She could see the small palace from here. The carriage stopped a few minutes later and the door opened. Outside there were two people. Human, Aelin thought to herself. A man and a woman. They must be the son of Lord Westfall and his wife, Aelin though. Rowan got out and helped Aelin out, too. "Your Majesty, Your Highness, it is so nice to see you. I am Chaol Westfall and this is my wife, Yrene." The woman, Yrene, bowed before them, "It is an honor to meet you, Your Majesty, Your Highness. I'm Yrene Towers Westfall, Head Healer of Torre Cesme. (Yes I made Yrene the Head healer)"
"It is great to meet both of you. Don't bother with those fancy titles, Aelin and Rowan are fine. Now me and this bastard are both very tired so can you pleas accommodate us to our room, please?" Aelin said, as she held her husband's hand, "Of course. Dinner is at 19.00 hours and breakfast is at 8. And tomorrow the meetings start at 9.30. Also, Prince Aedion and Lady Lysandra reached here 30 minutes ago. So they're fine. One of our servants will let you know when the rest of your court is here."
"Thank you." Aelin said as Chaol called a servant to lead them into their room.
Their room was placed in the East Quarters and it was one of the biggest suits in the palace. With a very big bathing place, a super king sized bed ,(basically a bed bigger than king size bed and is softer than king size bed) a personal wardrobe and a common space that had a piano, chess board and a bookshelf full of books.
As soon as they entered the room and the servants left after dropping their baggages, Aelin immediately threw herself onto the bed, ruining the neatly spreader sheets. Rowan chuckled. But he stopped when he felt his mate's tension, "What's wrong, Fireheart?" He asked as he lay next to her. Aelin propped herself on her elbow, "What are we gonna do, Rowan? I... I have no clue how to win this war, I have no clue what to do. What if I make a wrong move? What if I make a wrong decision? We both know too well what bad decisions can end as." Aelin said, her voice more raucous than she intended.
  "I know that you're worried, Fireheart, I'm too. But if we wanna win this war and turn back to our normal life, we have to get through this." He sat down on the bed and held his mate's face between his hands, "I love you and in my 400 something years in this world, I've never seen someone braver or stronger than you."
Aelin let out a gulp of laughter, "Then why do I feel like this?"
  "Like what?"
  "Like by joining this war, I betrayed Terrssan and everyone around me?"
  "You did what you had to, Fireheart. No smart king nor queen would've acted in a different way." He said, as he kissed her cheek and pulled her closer to himself, "We're gonna get through this." He whispered into her ear. "We're gonna have a long, happy life. We just have to get through this war. Never doubt the decision you make, Fireheart. Never. I have seen hundreds of kings and queens rise and fall in my time on this world. And the ones that doubt their decisions were always the one that left this world in the most painful way possible." He said.
Aelin let out a breath that she didn't know she was holding, as she let herself relax on Rowan's arms, "That's it." He whispered. He planted a small kiss on too of her head, "I love you." He said. He felt her smirk, "Well damn I love me too." She said and Rowan chuckled. I love you too she said from the bond. And Rowan smiled

Hey everyone! I'm back! I've been so busy with school sorry for that! I hope you enjoy this. I'll try to be more active!