"No," He pulls me in to feel his rapid heart beat despite his calm demeanor. "You love me, remember? And I sort of love you more."

He plants his lips on mine and it feels... meant to be. He moves his beautiful hands on my back and pulls me in closer. I think this is where I want to stay. For the rest of my life. With him.

-

*3 months later*

It's been three months. Three months of love, kisses, sleepovers, video games, and constant volleyball practice. Three months of Oikawa, and I couldn't be more happy about it.

I'm heading to California to visit my dad and my baby brother. He was born last night - 2 days earlier than expected. I managed to drag Oikawa and Sara along, and they dragged Iwaiziumi into it as well.

My father wasn't thrilled with the idea of having boys tag along, but Oikawa wouldn't let me go alone. He said it wasn't safe, that I could die. He was being dramatic and I know it. He just doesn't want to spend two weeks without me.

I can understand that.

Sara and I finally manage to pull our luggage to the boarding gate. Oikawa and Iwa went to the bathroom a few minutes ago. They should be back by now.

"I feel like I'm missing something." I groan. "I just can't remember."

"Phone?" Sara asks trying to help.

"Check."

"Jacket?"

"Check."

"Brush? Clothes?"

"Check and check."

"Charger?"

I gasp. "That's what I forgot!"

"Don't worry," I hear from behind me. "I brought it."

I turn around and see Oikawa and Iwaiziumi with drinks in their hands. Iwa hands Sara hers and throws a loose arm around her neck.

"This is why I keep you around," I tease holding my hand out for the drink.

"What's the magic words?" He asks with a smirk.

I roll my eyes. "Please?"

"Wrong,"

"You're the best setter and boyfriend in the entire world and no one could replace you because I love you so much?" I ask dryly.

He hands me my drink. "I would have settled for a simple 'I love you' but that works too."

"You're annoying."

"I know," He winks and pulls me in by my waist at the same time the announcement says we're boarding. "You ready to see your dad and meet the rest of your family?"

I shrug. "Not really, but as long as I have you and Sara with me, I'll be okay."

"Good." He kisses me. It's a short fast kiss, but it's all the energy I need. He grabs my luggage for me and starts leading us on to the plane.

Five months ago I didn't know who I was. I felt like I was the shadow of Sara, but really I was the shadow of myself. I was content hiding behind Sara as long as I didn't need to stand out. Because once you stand out, people judge. I was afraid of that.

I put the blame on Sara when it wasn't her fault. She was conquering what she wanted to do with her life and I was jealous because I didn't know what I wanted to do at all.

Oikawa has helped me. He's showed me that even in the darkest of moments, I am not alone. There is always someone watching out for me. I know what I want to do now because of the love he so freely gives me.

Sara has helped me. She has shown me what true friendship is. She stood beside me even when I pushed her away. She always had my best interests at heart. She's taught me to be brave and grab what I want without hesitation.

My mom has helped me. She works day and night to keep the house and to keep me in an amazing school where I get an incredible education - even if she's a little crazy. She's my mom and I absolutely love her.

My dad has helped me. Although he left... he taught me that nothing is what it seems. He taught me to be strong and resilient. Our relationship isn't great, but I'm so grateful for the opportunities that he's given to me.

Once I graduate from high school, I'll work my way up to become a manager for a very specific sports team. I love helping people and I love watching people strive at what they do.

My life is far from perfect. But it is my life and I won't stand by and let it pass by me. I'm going to grab it and conquer it. I'm not the shadow anymore.

I'm the star.

A/N - Thank you guys so much for reading. This is my first story on Wattpad and the amount of support is insane. Follow if you'd like because I'll be posting another story soon!!

Again, thank you for reading.❤️