OUR LOVE

Shravan, was it easy?

Was it that easy to let go of me?

Did you even love me the way you said you did?

It's been three days since papa left all of us, since the day I slapped Shravan and called his father a traitor.

Daadu wasn't talking to me, mumma doesn't even look at me, Chachu and Chachi looks at me disgustingly as if I'm some kind of a sin.

Am I?

The Malhotra's are planning to move away from Bhopal. But how can I let go of Shravan? I love him.

I know I didn't do the right thing by slapping him but he should have seen the situation I was in. I lost my father! 

Going in the balcony looking at his balcony, waiting for him to come out and look at me and wave his hands at me the way he always did.

But he didn't came.

Waiting there for hours and with a huge disappointment I return back to my room.

I need to talk to him.

I took all the courage and decided to go and talk to him. But as soon as I was about to leave the house, Daadu stopped me.

"Daadu..."

"Go and apologize to them, to him." He said and left my hand.

"What?"

"The Malhotra's weren't at fault. Their company was. Two workers of their company was. So just go and apologize." GE said, his voice still rough.

He hates me.

"I am and I will." I said and walked towards the Malhotra house.

It felt like just yesterday when papa was here and both the fathers used to hang out together and reminisce their old days, what went wrong then?

Taking slow steps I remembered what papa used to say.
'When you talk others, make sure that your voice isn't harsh because the world already is.
Make sure the words are kind and calming, because the world isn't.'

I should have thought once before slapping him.

Walking over there felt heavy. As I opened the main gate of their house, rain started to pour.

Did the rain also know that it was much needed? Much needed to hide my tears?

I was going, going to apologize but I don't know why I have this feeling that something is going to go wrong.

Taking a deep breath I pressed the door bell button. The door took much longer than usual to open as if the person from the other side has seen me from the peep hole and is deciding whether to open it or not.

Finally the door opened and I saw Kavita aunty, her eyes red and puffy. Looking older than before. It was as if an eternity before she spoke.

"What are you doing here Suman?" Her voice cold, she is not the cheerful one anymore.

"I... I came to apologize." I said in a low voice. It felt right but still something was wrong.

"Why? Why now?" She asked.

"Because daadu told me what actually happened. And in that spur of a moment what I did with your son was wrong and I just cant--" I was cutted by the voice of Devraj's uncle.