Chapter 1 - Nightmares

The fog rolled in as I stood on a field surrounded by dead bodies

The fog rolled in as I stood on a field surrounded by dead bodies. Bodies of my friends, fellow students and most importantly family. My brother lay before my feet, eyes opened wide in shock of the attack that had killed him. I stared ahead into the nothingness that had been welcoming over these past weeks. How can a vastness of nothing be calling to me.

"Breeanne....Breeeeeeannnnneeee. Come forth my Queen, take your place on the throne." It whispers.

"No!" I scream "Go Away! Leave me alone!"

"You know what you have to do my Queen, we won't stop, we will never stop till we get what we want."

"I will stop you! I will stop this but not by wearing a crown on my head." there was a distorted laughter. I screamed.

-End of dream-

Screaming was all I could hear, endless screaming. It was hot, burning hot, scolding hot. The screaming only stopped when the door was smashed open. Then I realised it was my screaming and the reason it was so hot was my room was burning.

"Bree!" I heard my Dad "Bree! Help, Somebody Help!" He was coughing but I sat there on my bed unmoving I was now aware of what was happening but I couldn't move, why couldn't I move? Dad ran in dodging the flames as best as he could and picked me up. Rushing me out of there. We dropped to the ground as he started coughing, and people were now awake and realising what was going on, rushing to get water.

"Dad?! Bree?!" I heard Ben, I now had the faculties to turn to the voice of my brother who was running down the hall with my mother. They dropped beside us as people took buckets of water and threw them into the flames of my room.

"What happened?" Mom asked but I didn't say a word, my thoughts are everywhere I'm here but I'm not here. In the weeks since the Cotillion that has been me, only half present in what's going on, plagued by nightmares and my magic, uncontrollable.

"She had one of her nightmares again. I heard her screaming, when I got to her room it was like that" Dad replied.

"Breanne, Sweetheart." Mom cooed

"Bree!" I heard Jay. I turned my eyes to my mother who was crouched before me

"What do you remember?" Mom wondered

"Death." I finally spoke then looked at Ben "She will curse this family, death follows her."

"Who?" ben questioned

"Her!" I pointed at Mal, who took a couple of steps back "You are a curse! You will be our ruin!" I screamed going to launch for her but I was pulled back.

"Breanne! Breanne, calm down!" I screamed even louder trying to get to her but I was getting nowhere. Someone come in front of me and blew powered into my face, I relaxed and went limp.

------A few months later-------

I stood looking out the window of the castle watching the city bustle of the morning, I had been in this room for months 'getting better' which was another way of saying keeping my craziness out of the way

I stood looking out the window of the castle watching the city bustle of the morning, I had been in this room for months 'getting better' which was another way of saying keeping my craziness out of the way. But I wasn't crazy, I was sane. Everyone else was crazy for not believing me. I know what I saw, I told them what I saw and all they came back with was the future is a subjective thing, you are seeing one of many futures, this will pass." but it won't I know it won't. They brought the ageing Enchantress to see me, she was the only one that believed what I was seeing, she told me that because of the powerfulness of the visions the more likely it would occur, but it could be changed The chances were tiny but possible. Everyone else took what she said and went with it's unlikely to happen. There was a knock on the door and it opened.

"Hey, Bree." It was Jay.

"Come to spy on me for the she devil." Our relationship had broken down since my visions became clear and I understood them more. He sighed. Typical of a non believer Sighing was a was a thing with me now. To them I was stubborn and un cooperative with they're way of thinking.

"Bree. We've been over this before..." I cut him off.

"Is there a reason why you're here. I'm very busy on doing nothing, wait let me guess the powers that be have sent you this time to see if I've 'come to my senses.' Well I haven't bye now." I sat down at my vanity and looked at Jay via my mirror.

"I've brought you more books. Your mom told me these were our favourites."

"Boring! I'm bored, I need entertainment. Oh I know give me five minutes in a room with Mal..."

"That's not going to happen?"

"'Cause my precious brother has deemed me a threat to her safety. Awh" I pout "Who would have thought it though, a Auradon Kid threat to a VK the shocker!" I chuckled and walked over to pick up the books. I flicked through them

"my favourites, when I was a child. Do I look like a child to you?" I dropped them onto the bed and went back to staring out of the window.

"Look at them, going about their lives as if the dark future does not exist."

"The likelihood of that future is 1 in a million." I rolled my eyes

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." I scoff "You can lock me away all you like. I see the truth and that scares you, all of you and instead of trying to help me understand the series of events which will lead to it. I'm here on my own."

"How are you Bree." It was my brother.

"King Benjamin, ah your majesty." I gave a deep mocking bow "The mighty king." I laughed "Oh aren't I popular today, so popular. I'm bored King Benjamin, so very, very bored! I'm Princess Bored. Oh don't I sound like the Mad Hatter. Do I sound like the Mad Hatter? Boop." I flick his nose

"The doctors say you're doing well, that your nightmares are easing. I see you have some new books"

"Meh. Debatable, some might say I was perfectly okay before. To each his own. Is there a reason why you're here to see your mad sister, brother?" he nodded to Jay who left.

"You're not mad just sick." he saw down on the edge of my bed as I moved back to my vanity

"Says you, the ordinary child." I rebuff "Tick tock goes the clock it has begun, tick tock goes the goes the clock soon the dark will come." I sang

"Mom has suggested that tomorrow, she takes you to the spa." I didn't reply. He stood up and kissed my head before leaving.

"Bite me." i mumble "Nightmares, they have seen the meaning of nightmares." I saw my eyes glow in the mirror.