Chapter Thirty-Five: Forever marked- Part one

*Macy's POV*

Friday came much quicker than expected. Not much occurred this week, just a bunch of Bethany and I preparing for our small road trip, and goofing off as usual. Tami came over a few times, always close enough to Trenton so he could save her from whatever he thinks is going to happen on a moments notice.

Days were spent with the girls, nights were spent with Cayton; nothing out of the usual. Well, except for the almost heart attack I gave Cayton.

Of course, I'm going to need a car to drive up there, right? And my mate just so happens to be the owner of my dream car. The problem is, I'm almost positive he loves that car almost as much as he does me. So, when I asked to borrow it, it was as if I had asked him to make a sacrifice with the blood of his first-born. Yea, it was that big of a deal.

Anyways, what happened was that he reluctantly let me use it, but not before making sure I knew how to drive it. He didn't believe me when I told him I knew how to drive a stick shift, and I had to 'prove it'.

I proved it alright, but not before messing with him and "almost crashing" and "loosing control." Long story short, he wasn't too happy with that.

However, I had a good laugh, so it was worth it.

As of right now, I'm braiding my hair back and preparing to leave. And as usual when I take the trip back to my mom's, I'm dressed in the comfiest clothes possible, being a pair of sweatpants and plain blue cotton shirt, and my worn out tennis shoes.

I don't know if I'm exactly looking forward to this trip, but I know it's necessary. After all, there are a few things I have to take care of there before I come back home. For example, someone that has completely slipped my mind up until this point—Lewis. That's going to be awkward, I already know that.

Then there's the fact that something's got to give with my mom. As much as I wish it would be true, I know she isn't letting me off the hook that easily. But what she has in store for me, I'm not too sure. Her being as predictable as she is, she could use anything from duct tape to military-grade weapons.

"Alright, I'm ready," I say to Cayton who is waiting for me by the door with my bag in his hand. I would have left earlier, but Cayton insisted that I wait until he got home so he could see me off. Right now, it's almost completely dark out. He got home two hours ago, and I would have left then but Cayton kept me busy for that time, trying to prolong my stay here.

Not that I mind, but I really hate driving in the dark. Especially since he's making me take the backroads, which will tack about another two hours or so onto our five-hour trip. All because the quick route goes through Joshua's territory, and he wants me as far away from there as possible.

I didn't argue with him there, mostly because it's a miracle he's letting me go 5 hours away from him in the first place. Besides, I like taking the backroads. There's rarely anyone on them, and all the twists and turns make it that much more fun, especially when you're going fast.

I follow Cayton out to the car. He opens the door and tosses my bag into the backseat, then allows me to slip into the driver's seat right before he shuts it.

I pull my seatbelt on and smile as I grip the steering wheel, thinking about just how fun it will be tearing through the backroads. However, that will have to wait until Sunday, because I'm not stupid enough to try a stunt like that while it's pitch black.

"You got everything?" Cayton asks, sticking his head in through the open window.

"Yep," I reply, turning the key and listening to the engine purr.

"And you'll call when you get there?"

"Yes Dad," I say mockingly. He gives me an austere look, and I lean in and peck his lips. "I'll call every hour if that would make you feel better."