Chapter Twenty-Seven: I would put Kobe to shame

*Macy's POV*

I am lost.

Completely, utterly, lost.

As in I have no clue where I am.

Three things registered as I took in the scene before me.

One. I'm sitting in the middle of the woods, in what appears to be a meadow. The sun hasn't even made it over the horizon yet, and a dim orange colors the sky. There is a light breeze, brushing through the array of white flowers that dot the meadow in clusters.

Two. All I'm wearing is a red dress. A simple spaghetti strap dress that flows loosely to my knees. My feet are bare. The only other thing I'm wearing is the necklace Cayton got me for my birthday, which isn't a surprise as I haven't taken it off since I got it. 

Three. It's just me here. No one else. I am completely alone.

I try and recollect how I got here, or my reason for coming here. Nothing comes to mind. All I remember is taking those painkillers last night when I got a headache, and then going to sleep. I open my eyes and bam! I'm in a meadow.

Hmm... I wonder if those pills made me loopy. Definitely happy pills. Why would I come here anyways? Last time I was alone in the woods, that didn't end well. But I have a sense of security surrounding me. ALong with grass.

The air smells fresh, and the early morning dew coats me in wetness as I sit. I stare in wonder around me, spotting a few birds perched on branches, chirping and creating a harmonious melody. I pluck one of the white flowers from the ground, running my fingers over the waxy petals.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" The sudden appearance of a voice causes me to jump, and I whip my head around to see who is here when I thought I was alone.

To my relief, it's only Cayton behind me, looking as good as usual. I breathe out a laugh, turning back to examine the flower.

"It is," I say. "What are we doing here?" He sits down next to me, and I lean my head on his shoulder, feeling completely happy and at ease.

"I'm not sure," is his simple answer. Normally I would feel the need to press on until I get more answers, but I simply don't care at the moment. I'm in my own oasis.

I feel Cayton's hand trailing slowly down my back, leaving a trail of fire in its wake. My heart picks up speed almost immediately, and the fire spreads over my whole body to the point where I'm almost tempted to touch my skin to see if there's a change in temperature. The mark on my neck also starts throbbing, and a familiar urge kicks in. The urge to kiss him and never let go. It's intensified, to the point where I want more than just a kiss.

Cayton senses this, because the next thing I know, his lips are on mine. His hand rests on the small of my back, pulling me flush against him as his tongue traces my bottom lip. I gladly allow him entrance. My hands go to the back of his neck, then tangle through his soft hair as I pull his lips closer to mine.

Yea, I don't know how I got here, and why we're here, but I think I'm going to like the result.

I hear him growl, before my back hits the ground gently, our lips still connected like two powerful magnets. I untangle my fingers from his hair, and without thinking, go for the first button on his shirt.

We both pull away for a moment to catch our breath as I get the first button undone.

'I just wanna wrap you up, wanna kiss your lips,' the song plays suddenly, and I smile. I dubbed this our song after our dance in the tree house. I look at Cayton, who is smiling lovingly down at me, his once blue eyes predominantly black with lust.