"Say It Like That"- (Neji)

~Inspired by the SZA song~

{Neji's POV}

I walk up to the front door of my apartment, ninja gear in hand with a smile on my face. After a long mission I'll finally be able to see my favorite girl.

I open the door of my apartment.

"Babe."

-Silence-

Where is she?

"(Y/N)!"

I suddenly hear sniffling coming from my bedroom area. I run to the door to see my girlfriend crying, facing the window.

"(Y/N)...."

Y/N's POV
I didn't know he was here.....

"Hey Neji....", I said with a shaky voice.

"What's wrong?"

Neji took his shirt off and slid his arms around me. He gently began wiping the tears off of my face.

"Before you left...when we were cuddling on the couch and you told me that you loved me..did you mean it?"

My baby's expression softened as he placed a soft kiss to my forehead. "Of course I meant that."

Before Neji left for his mission, he hold me that he loved me for the first time and I said it back...but honestly - part of me is still in disbelief.

"Why do you ask?"

"I just....", the tears started to cloud my vision." Like I've been sitting here thinking...like dude why do you love me?? You could literally have anyone else. My stomach ain't flat, I'm average looking....and my booty ain't that-"

"Baby."

Neji kissed my forehead, cheeks, and chin.

"I love this"

He lowered his head and slowly lifted my shirt as he placed a gentle kiss on my stomach.

"I love that."

Suddenly he took his strong arms and scooped me into his lap with both of my legs on either side of him so that I was now looking him in his face. He looked me in my eyes and gave me a small smirk before giving my booty a slight squeeze.

"And (Y/N) I love that too. I love you for you and I always will. Okay?"

"Okay.."

He kissed my lips quickly and pulled me into a hug. Butterflies filled my stomach as he gently rubbed my skin where his hands lay. There was a certain feeling that made this hug different from a lot of the ones we've had before. It was if our souls were connected. He brought me even closer to his body even though we were already chest to chest. "I love you. Don't forget that."

Suddenly I felt a certain wetness touch my shoulder.
He was crying...
"I love you so much"

"I love you too "

"I don't ever want you feeling like you ain't good enough for me or even for yourself. You're my baby...my world. When you down your yourself it hurts me, because in my eyes you are the most beautiful and perfect woman ever."

Well when you say it like that 🥺......

I wipe his tears from his handsome face and bring his soft lips to mine.

"Do you believe me now?"

I look into his eyes, they're pools of love and admiration.

"Yes baby, I believe you."