19

Remmy, my father ans brother, along with male pack members had spent the last few weeks training and prepping for the war that was fast approaching. I was prepping for the arrival of our pup, getting the nursery set. It was often hard to keep my mind off of things and getting everything ready for the baby was one of them. I was sitting on the floor folding some of her clothes to put up when my brother burst through the door, panting.
"We need to get you to the safe room now. He's arrived."
"I..... What?"
"Its time to go, sister."
     I went to stand up and my stomach cramped painfully. I sucked in my breath and bit my lip to keep from screaming. I felt something slide down my legs and realized it was liquid. My brother stopped in his tracks, his eyes widened.
"I think... We may need to go to the hospital instead..."
"Um... Yeah. Let me get Remmy..."
"No. Let him fight. Get mom." 
"Are.... You sure? You know he doesn't want to miss this."
    My stomach cramped again and I snarled at my brother in anger. I knew he was right, Remmy didn't want to miss this but I also knew he needed to fight along side his pack. My mother walked in and smiled. She knew.
"It's time. It's a full moon. Your child will be moon kissed. A goddess in her own right."
    I bent over and groaned in pain. The contractions were very close together, she would be here soon. My door burst open in the middle of a contraction and I snarled.
"What now?!"
      My mother giggled and I turned my head, Remmy stood in the doorway. He was slightly confused and it angered me so I let the walls down and flooded him with the pain of labor. He shot to my side and pulled my hair from my face.
"Rem.... You have to go."
"You're in labor. You weren't going to tell me were you?"
"No. I was. I just know you want to be down there with the warriors. Its okay. I'll have my mother link my father and tell you when the baby is here. Go. Do what you need to."
"I... I should be here with you when she's born."
"Remington. I swear to god, do not make this more complicated than it needs to be! Go!"
    My brother chuckled and I growled.
"I would listen to her. She's right. Dont worry, well keep the room heavily guarded. Let's go."
    Remmy left after kissing my forehead. My brother stayed behind and guarded the door. I labored for hours, until the moon hit its peak. My mother caught her as she slid from my body and wrapped my baby up. I cradled her to my breast and sniffled. She was beautiful. Her skin very fair, her little eyes a bright icy blue. It looked like she could see into my soul.
"Your father let Remmy know. They're wrapping up things."
    I nodded and rhe room was filled with a warm light. The baby cooed in my arms and began suckling my breast, eating her first meal. I blinked rapidly as the light disappeared, in front of me stood a woman and a man. They were smiling at me proudly. My mother bowed her head and smiled. The woman hugged her.
"Thank you. For trusting me with your daughter."
"Thank you for keeping her alive."
      The man watched me closely and walked over.
"You have a special babe right there. Destined for great things. She will be powerful."
"Thank you... I take it you're my father?"
"Yes. That's your mother. We wanted to see the baby. What are you planning on naming her?"
    I went to respond and the door opened, Remmy walked in and smiled at me.
"Isla. We want to name her Isla."
     I nodded and he took her, nuzzling her. He was rubbing his scent on her, letting others know she was his. She sneezed and peeked up at her father with a hiccup.
"She's beautiful. You did amazing, my love."
     I smiled and took the baby, snuggling her close. My parents talked with my biological parents for a bit and I spent time memorizing my babys face. Imprinting my scent on hers just as her father had done a few moments ago. My brother walked in and nodded at Remmy.
"It's done."
   Remmy sat next to me and carressed Arias head gently. She purred and I giggled. She certainly was odd.
"My love, he's gone. Aria is safe. You're safe. We can live without fear. Rest, sweetheart."
     I handed him Aria and passed out, completely exhausted.