╰ 𝗙𝗹𝘂𝗳𝗳 ┃ 𝗠𝗲𝗴𝘂𝗺𝗶

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ "I AM SPEED! WOOHOO!" ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

[ hello c: ]

。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

"Okay, Y/N, I thought you said this wasn't going to be extreme—" I muttered to Y/N, who was riding alongside me on a rollercoaster and enjoying in the scenery from above

"I didn't say it was going to be extreme or not; I just said we'd be riding a roller coaster!" she replied as a little flashback from a month earlier flashed through my mind.

✻ ✼ ✻

"Hey, Megumi!" Y/N greeted out, and I turned around to see her with a bright smile.

"Hm?" I hummed, returning her gaze.

"What do you want to do on your birthday?" she questioned as we began walking down the school hall side by side.

"Hm... I've never been on a roller-coaster before, so I might as well I'd give it a shot," I said with a light chuckle.

"Oh..." she said as she looked down, "I see," she added with a smile that made my cheeks flush light pink. I hugged her and wrapped my arm around her waist.

"Eh-" she shrieked.

"Don't move," I murmured, averting my gaze.

"Alright then,"

✻ ✼ ✻

'Why did I say that?' I thought, praying to God that I'll be able to survive this

"This is child's play! We've been fighting cursed things that are a hundred times worse than this!" she reassured me as I tightened my grip on her hand. She laughed at my gesture and linked her fingers with mine. Then it happened: the rollercoaster began to accelerate at an unfathomable rate, terrifying me. Someone's saliva landed on my ear. I was nauseous, and I didn't want to move after that. I turned to look at Y/N, who I assumed was the same as me, but by the look of her face, she was overjoyed, and I widened my eyes in surprise.

'How-'

"Mimi, you enjoying—-" She stopped as soon as the rollercoaster spiraled, covering her face with her braided hair; as for me, I was suffering, so I tightened my grasp on her hand and closed my eyes, hearing Y/N cheer in delight, and I didn't say anything else.

"I AM SPEED! WOOHOO!" she said, her other fist punching the air.

It started to slow down after two loops, and I opened my eyes, finding the area where we went in first. I figured it was over, so I carefully moved my gear down with gladness, but my eyes widened in terror when I heard,

"Last round!"

"This is going to be fun, Megumi!" Y/N assured me with a reassuring smile, causing my heart to race. I swallowed my saliva in the hopes that it would be.

✻ ✼ ✻

Even while my eyes were closed, I felt nauseated after such extreme spins. Now that I've faced my natural foe, the fall, I turned to face Y/N, who appeared to be overjoyed.

"O-oi, Y/N- aren't you scared?" I worriedly asked, causing the girl to chuckle.

"Of course not, silly! This is fantastic!" she exclaimed, "Wait, don't tell me that you—" comprehending my condition. "A-ah, I'm sorry! Uhh— oh! I know," she exclaimed, as I became concerned by the slowness with which our cart went. "H-happy birthday," she whispered as she went closer and kissed my cheek, leaving me stunned.

Then, for the most part, I couldn't concentrate, which was fortunate. Y/N looked across at me with a troubled expression after finishing the round.

"A-are you alright?" she asked, caressing my cheek and making me grin. After that, I placed my hand on top of hers.

"I'm fine now."

"That's good," she replied softly, making me chuckle, as she extended her hand for me to hold as we walked out of the carnival. "Happy birthday, Megumi," she said in a low tone but clearly enough for me to hear.

"Thanks, sunshine"

【See you in the next chapter】