╰ 𝗔𝗻𝗴𝘀𝘁 ╻ 𝗙𝗹𝘂𝗳𝗳 ┃ 𝗠𝗲𝗴𝘂𝗺𝗶

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ "It hurts seeing the person you love being with someone that it isn't you" ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

[ hello c: ]

。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

"How's it going there, Y/N?" I said as I opened the room door to our Patient, Y/N, who greeted me with a wide smile and turned to gaze at her form

She answered, "Quite fine! Thanks for asking, Megu— I mean, Megumi-sensei," and went on with her activity. I smiled at what she said and requested that she call me Megumi since we were classmates at the same school and are good friends.

"If it's okay, then let me redo it!" she said, clearing her throat and making me chuckle. "Good! Thanks for asking, Megumi," she continued, smiling at me with the same smile she uses to greet me. It gave me the butterflies, but I knew I had no chance, so I sighed and checked my watch.

"Does it hurt?" I inquired of the female who was staring at the ceiling, most likely thinking something important to her.

"Who? Me?" She asked, clarifying

"Who else?" I replied in a 'duh' tone,

"Right now, it should have expanded around 6 millimeters," I continued.

"Well, my back aches, so it's so-so," she said nervously, scratching her cheek.

"Where's Yuji?" she inquired, leaving a small sting in my heart.

Oh yeah, Yuji. Her husband.

While she waited for my response, I shook a little and inhaled deeply.

"He said he's going to grab something quick, and knowing him, he'd arrive about..." I came to a halt, expecting the door to open, which it did. "Now," I murmured, looking at Yuji, who was sweating and carrying a paper bag.

"Yo!" he exclaimed, smiling at us all, but especially at Y/N, who flashed him a smile brighter than the sun, melting our hearts. He approached her and sat down on a low stool, handing her the paper bag he had brought with him.

"What's this?" She asked, making a

-face.

"It's "Gnoma the best fire breathing rubber ducky," the rubber ducky I gave you for your birthday, and I figured you'd need her right now—" He chuckled, opening the stapled paper bag for her. While covering her lips, the female made an I'm-touched-face at him.

"Thank you! I love you so much!! You're the greatest husband anybody could ask for!! I've been thinking of her all this time!! I love you!" she said, wanting to give him a firm hug, but Yuji instead offered her a gentle hug since he was aware of her current position.

He soothed her, "Now you can relax."

"I can, and it's because of you," she replied to him giving him a peck on the cheek before parting the hug.

While I was seeing such a scene, I was internally breaking down. As I saw their touching acts, I felt my heart break into a million pieces. If I were to be really honest, I believe I should have been the one to propose to her instead of Yuji. No, I shouldn't say anything since he's a great person. I thought I'd moved on from my feelings for her... She is well... Too...

Wonderful..
✻ ✼ ✻

Her cervix had dilated to 10 centimeters and it was time for her to give birth. Y/N squeezed Gnoma throughout the procedure, while Yuji encouraged her with his words, making her feel confident, and she continued on.

"I SEE THE HEAD! KEEP GOING, MRS! YOU ARE DOING GREAT!"

After then, the baby was safely born. Before passing out, Y/N was drained but was able to see her child. We brought the infant to examine if the newborn was breathing and such, and Yuji was sobbing tears of joy as he cradled the child after cutting the umbilical cord. I smiled at them, swallowing my jealousy and grief like the good friend I am.

It hurts seeing the person you love being with someone that it isn't you

"Hey, thanks for being a really
good friend to me, Megumi."

Most especially when you're the one taking care of the person you love that is about to deliver their baby.

"Mrs. Itadori is in the room, Fushiguro-sensei"

And especially the person they're with is your best friend.

"Hey, Megumi! Where's Y/N?"

✻ ✼ ✻

I'm staring at Y/N, Yuji, and their child inside the room where she gave birth to their child, [Child's name], moments after she delivered the baby.

I welcomed them as I opened the door, and they greeted me back. When Yuji sat alongside her, poking the infant's cheeks, Y/N was carrying the kid in her arms.

"She's able to return home now," I told them, and they all smiled.

"Thank you, Megumi," they both replied at the same time, making me flinch

"You're welcome, and..." I paused, piqued their interest in what I was about to say next while clutching the doorknob and exhaling a nervous breath, and gathered all my confidence to say;

"Congrats"

【See you in the next chapter】