Chapter 14

"Have fun! I'll be waiting out here doing some work, okay?" My mother calls out from the car.

"Okay, thank you." Tsukishima turns to her, bowing before grabbing my hand and walking into the gym once again.

"AKAASHI! OUR TSUKKI IS HERE!" Bokuto immediately points at the boy next to me.

This guy...he still scares me.

"Bokuto-San...how many times do I have to tell you?" Akaashi sighs.

"Tsukki! Glad you made it." Kuroo waves, and I spot Hinata as well as Kageyama.

"What are the two freaks doing here?" Tsukishima scrunches up his face in disgust, and I look up at him with a frown.

"Don't be mean." I whisper, nudging his arm.

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes.

"KENMA, GET YOUR ASS UP!"

"There's already two setters. I'm going to sit out for a while. I'm tired." The blonde haired boy stays sitting against the wall, waving his arm out at Kuroo.

"Let me take your bag." I turn to Tsukishima, beginning to take the bag off his shoulder but he holds it in place.

"I'll carry it. Let's go."  He mumbles, walking off. I follow closely behind him and he sets his bag down against the wall. "I brought a blanket for you to sit on this time. You sure you'll be fine?" He asks and I nod, sitting down and putting my own bag in front of me.

"Mm, I brought homework." I say and he squats in front of me, ruffling my hair much to my dismay.

"You're adorable ." He mumbles, kissing my forehead. "We won't be long today, alright? If you get lonely you can try to talk to Kenma." He says and I shake my head.

"He's scary." I mumble and Tsukishima laughs.

"You're taller than him. There's nothing to be afraid of." He says and then stands up. "Alright, I'm going." He waves, walking off onto the court.

I fix my hair and see that almost immediately he's arguing with his teammates.

I pull out my homework, as well as the sweater Tsukishima gave to me. I drape the sweater over the front of my body, a habit I've gotten used to in hopes to cover myself.  Crossing my legs and propping the homework on my backpack, I begin working on the problems.

After a while, I decide to take a break, feeling mentally drained from the work. I stuff it back into my backpack and quietly watch the practice.

"Um...hello." I hear a small voice. I jump, not expecting it and see that the person who spoke jumps too.

"H-Hello." I respond, looking at his shoulder instead of his face.

"Is is okay if I sit with you?" He asks timidly.

Maybe he wants the blanket.

"O-Oh! You can take this." I point to the blanket and he goes silent for a moment.

"No, that's not really what I...uh. Last time Tsukishima was saying how you don't really get along well with other people. I'm not good at making friends either. You seemed bored so I just thought I could come over..." The boy shifts his weight between his feet, holding his hands behind his back.

"Oh..." I take a breath, scooting over and offering a majority of the blanket for him to sit on. "S-Sure."

Any time now, he should be calling me Debu.

It's quiet between us for a few minutes before he puts a small gaming device on his lap.

"Do you like games?" He asks.