Ending Two - Love? Bites.

'Come back with me?' Sirius said abruptly,getting out the time-turner. Luna looked up at him in surprise. They stood in the backstreets of Hogsmead, having escaped their pursuers.

'Don't you think we've meddled with time enough? Our futures- they're woven in such intricate ways. We've already changed time.' she smiled sadly.

'I'm not leaving you again. I've already made that mistake.' Luna rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet, unsure of what to say.

' I don't want to leave you either.' was all she could articulate.

'The ministry people are bound to find us anytime now. It's the only way out.'

'True.'

'You'll be wanted too. You've helped a wanted man!' he said and smirked at Luna, knowing that she should have no choice but to come with him. But Luna knew where her place was. It was at home, with her Father- taking care of him.

'Sirius I  can't. I have to stay.' The boy remained silent at first, he looked as if he'd had all of his breath taken from him. He wasn't even looking at her anymore. He was looking behind her, in deep thought. 'I'm sorry.'

' Don't be sorry.' Sirius said through gritted teeth. Luna tried to explain why she couldn't stay but he seemed not to listen. It wasn't what he had said that made her feel guilty, it was what he hadn't said. The words that he didn't want to say, because he didn't want to get hurt. 

What he did next took her by surprise. Without a word Sirius dragged Luna out of the alleyway and through Honeyduke's cellar and back into Hogwart's castle, ignoring her futile attempts to get him to stop and explain what was going  on. This certainly raised the concern of the many portraits Luna was dragged passed- who even tried to make a grab for her at one point. 

Soon they were walking down the white hill covered in snow that wistfully fell to the ground.

They entered the forbidden forest and Luna thought she'd try once again to find out what Sirius was up to. 

'Could you tell me where we're going now?' she ventured.

'I just thought we could say goodbye where we met.' he replied, talking to the trees instead of her. Luna was concerned. 

'Look at me Sirius? Are you alright?' His grip tightened on her hand and he walked faster into the forest. 

'Fine. Just fine. ' Luna swore she could hear him sniffling. They were deep in the forest now and Sirius wasn't looking where he was going at all. The trees were as tall as mountains and they blocked out the sky so that it was darker now. 

'Please stop Sirius. Here is far enough.' Luna was beginning to misunderstand his intentions. She pulled his hand from hers. 

'What was that for?!' 

'We're in too deep here aren't we?' 

'Ah yeah...' Embarrassed, he looked around. He wasn't sure whether Luna was talking about the forest or something else. 

'Well I guess this is goodbye?' Sirius had expected Luna to come back with him. He thought she would want to stay with him forever. Yet all good things come to end- he thought, feeling sorry for himself.

'It is.' she looked so at home with the wise trees surrounding her and the mud underneath her. He couldn't help but kiss her. She kissed him back. Luna loved the way Sirius was like a forest- the way he was so natural and earth bound. 

If Sirius wasn't in love with her already he certainly was now. She was a dream, everything about her could never be explored fully. For her mind was not entirely in that world. He wanted to explore her though and to know her every quirk.