Finally

Skyla's POV

I slowly walk towards the laundry room in this horrible place. I spilled a drink all over me because I spaced out. When I get there, I see a familiar face. It's the old woman who is always nice to me. Unlike the guards and the nurses, she doesn't try to shove pills down my throat, which I am grateful for. I waved to her and she shoots me a warm smile.

"How are y'all doing?' She asks softly. I could've sworn no one else is in this hall but us. I disregard it.

"I'm fine, just want to go home..." I say sadly, but emphasizing the I. I don't know why people are acting weird towards me in this place. If anything, I should be acting weird. The only time any professional interacts with me is to shove different medicine in my face. 

The woman softly smiles at me. She hands me a pair of sweatpants, underwear, and a comfortable-looking shirt.

"These are the new shirts that came in, you'll love them. They feel so soft and warm." She says this patting my hand and going back to work. I mutter a thank you and head back to my room to change.

I step into the shower as a nurse stands outside to watch me. While lathering my rag with soap, I remember the times Dom would wash me. His soft hands left no part of my skin unclean. He made sure I was enjoying him washing me, occasionally sneaking a kiss from me while my eyes were closed.

I didn't notice the tears welling up in my eyes. I miss my pet...no. 

I miss my soulmate. 

With everything that happened, my memory was affected. Every time Dom visits he makes sure I remember what happened. I know what happened but the memory is a blur. I came back to reality when the water turned cold. I shivered as I hurried to turn the faucet off.

I step out and dry off. I peep out the bathroom door with my towel around me. It's a male nurse this time.

"Umm, I'm finished..." He nods and steps out of my room. I walk out and change into the fresh clothes from earlier. That lady was right, this shirt is soft. I go to sit on my bed when I hear a knock on the door. I groan and get up.

The same male nurse walks in and he has his walkie on his hip.

"You have a visitor, ma'am. Follow me." I roll my eyes. They watch me like I'm a serial killer on death row.

"I know where the fuck the visiting rooms are..." I mutter angrily as I walk past him to the room I always go to.

I see Dom sitting down, biting his nails. His hair is disheveled and he looks like he's been awake for the last three years. He notices me standing there and quickly gets up. He hugs me tightly enough for it to get hard to breathe. I feel his breath hitch when he gets a whiff of my hair.

"We're gonna have to change that shampoo, old lady." I chuckle when he goes in for a kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss. I open my mouth slightly, waiting for his tongue to explore but he pulls away. He clears his throat and adjusts his shirt.

"I'm taking you home today, I can't have you in here for another day. It's my job to take care of you." The smile on my face spreads and I jump on him. I wrap my legs around his waist and grasp him tightly. Happy tears spill from my eyes as I hold him as close as possible.

"They're putting all your stuff in the car now, baby." He just holds me and kisses my cheek.

"They can keep it, let's go!" I jump off him and drag him towards the door.

I'm going home...

It's about fucking time.

**********************************

658 words

A/N Hey guys! Let me know if you guys wanna read more of this story! Also thank you soooo much for 75K reads on Pet! Omg, I never thought I'd ever make it to any reads over 30. I appreciate all the support you guys give me and I am forever grateful. Also, let me know what you guys would see in this book, I have a general idea but I would love to hear you guys' thoughts!