Chapter 2: Der Jäger

Wow. Just, wow. I could not believe that just happened. Harriet Whiteworth just approved for jets to be included in Sensha-Do. To say me and Eric were flabbergasted was an understatement, as both our mouths hung agape while Harriet strutted off of the stage. Applause erupted and chairs clattered against the floor as people rose to their feet, clapping hands almost in sync with one another. Soon enough the applause died down and we exited the hall, resting against the wall and breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Eric: Oh my lord, we just did it.

Y/n: I think we did mate, I think we did. What did she say about me, I kinda spaced out after she accepted jets.

Eric: She said that you could join the sport aswell as the first lad. Congratulations mate!

Y/n: Holy shit.

Eric chuckled briefly and lit his cigarette, slipping the lighter away and taking a prolonged drag from it.

Eric: Oh I'm sorry, want one?

Y/n: Nah it's okay, I don't smoke.

Eric: Good, don't ever do it. It's a trap mate, and I fell into it.

Y/n: I take it you're getting help?

Eric sighed and stubbed it out, turning away for a second.

Eric: I tried but, it was no use really. I plan to get serious help when I finish my service but for now, the nicotine helps cope with the job.

Y/n: Good, I really don't want to see you spiral down and end up broke cause of em, or worse. God that was a depressing chat eh?

Eric: Wasn't it? I say we just sit in silence for a minute and comprehend just what the hell happened.

Y/n: I agree.

I fully surveyed my surroundings now, the warm and musty air briefly wafting towards my face before scampering away, the hazy sunset across the wavy horizon and the dozens of press that were pulling up really made me feel comfortable, as they lined up for a good shot of us. A familiar blonde girl pushed her way through the crowd and ran up to me, throwing her arms out to which I met.

Monika: YOU DID IT! Oh my you did it Y/n! I don't believe it, oh I'm so excited to be flying with you. You must transfer to Kuromorimine academy. Together we would be unstoppable in the sky!

Y/n: I'll have to look through all of the requests first, but if they do ask me to, I sure will. Speaking of which, I just got the email on my phone. Let me check the applications now.

Bringing up the email, Harriet sent me the list of the schools that wanted to have me transfer.

Y/n: Anzio Academy, Saunders and Ooarai Academy.

Monika: Here let me have a look.

She scrolled through the email but could only find the three schools, no-one else wanted to take me on board.

Monika: This, this can't be possible! I specifically requested that Maho send you an application to Kuromorimine.

Y/n: I'm sorry Monika, but it looks like they don't want me. If you don't mind me asking, which teams are these?

Monika: Oh okay, so Anzio are the Italians, Saunders the Americans and Ooarai are.....Well they're basically a rag-tag really. They're not representative of any Nation, they just.....exist.

Y/n: Oh, and who expresses the most interest?

Monika scrolled further down and grimly looked up, a slightly sour expression plastered on her face.