The Birthday Present (part 2)

When you get in your room you slam the door and lock it. You lean against the door taking in what she said. Does she really mean that.. am I really a problem to this family.., you walk over to your bed and bury your face in the pillow. You let out a long sob and take a deep breath.

Your eyes start to feel heavy. You give into sleeps wonderful spell. Pulling the sheet under your chin and closing your eyes you drift off.

You awake to the sound of yelling, you check the time its 10 o'clock at night. You already missed going out with your friends so you turn over onto your back looking at the ceiling. Why do they always have to yell at each other... why can't we just be "normal" without all the argueing.

The sound of something crashing interrupts your train of thought. You get curious and get out of bed slowly. When you make it to your door you open it just enough for you to peek out. Nobody is upstairs so you walk out of your room to the staircase. From where you are standing you can't see anything so you decide to creep down the stairs.

Nobody notices you walk downstairs, even though you fall and make a thud. Your parents are both in the kitchen. The yelling gets louder as you step closer. The kitchen door is closed so you stand on the other side and listen to the conversation.

"How can you just stick up for your kid like that!?", your mother demands.

"What the fuck do you mean.. that's your kid too!"

"I raised a child that obeyed me not a kid that goes and acts like a fucking hoodlum.. I cannot believe that you did this!!"

"I didn't do shit to my child... i show that kid more love than you do!! All you do is go out and suck some guys fucking dick all night!! So you tell me.. who is doing what to that kid?!?"

"I do not go out and suck dick all night.. of all things I fucking go out looking for something to calm me down!!! But sucking a dick does sound tempting..." ew

"You are such a fucking slut... I don't want you around my kid anymore...", after your dad says that he starts to reach for the doorknob.

You jump back away from the door and hit the wall. You get ready to run down the hallway when he suddenly lets go of the doorknob. You exhale a breath you didn't know you were holding. You hear something shatter and then a loud thump on the floor. You lean against the door again and touch the doorknob. You slowly turn the knob and push the door open.

When you walk in the kitchen everything looks different. There's smashed plates all over the floor, Broken glass from the cabnets, knifes in the walls and the fridge, and alcohol glasses on the table. There's puddles of red on the floor, at first you don't realise that it's blood. You notice that your cat Fluffernut is on it's side on the floor surrounded by a puddle of red.

Once you see that you yell and run over to her. Her body is limp and she's not breathing. Your parents stop what they are doing and look at you. Tears are streaming down your face and you yell," Which one of you monsters did this!?!" They don't move or say a word. "I demand to fucking know which one of you did this to my cat!!"

Your mother looks at your father and yells," See you did turn the kid into a hoodlum... Cursing isn't allowed in this house and what is the kid doing?? FUCKING CURSING!!" She picks up a knife in her hand and stabs your fathers hand that's on the table. He yells and punches her in the face. She lets go of the knife and puts her hands up to her face. She screams in pain and looks at you. "You made this happen you little shit!!"

You drop your cat and run out of the kitchen. Tears are blurring your vision while you run upstairs. You put on your sneakers and a hoodie and grab your phone before sneaking out of your window. You can hear your parents still yelling at each other inside.

You run to the front of the house and down the street. The warm summer night air surrounding you while you run. You don't stop until you turn the corner. You clutch your side and take deep breaths.

You run to your grandmothers house and knock on the door. After a few knocks she answers the door in her hair curlers. "H-hello sweetie", she smiles sweetly at you and gestures you to come in. "Can I stay here tonight... there's problems at home and I can't take it right now", you ask holding yourself. "Yes yes you can stay here as long as you like.. you know where your room is", she smiled sweetly at you and started walking back upstairs. "Thanks gran", you say before walking into the guest room. You hear her say something before her door closes as well.

You sigh then kick off your shoes and slip under the covers. Ahh finally quiet.. then you fall back asleep...

AN~~

Um so yea the next one gets better so please just stay with me..

-Angee:x