First Job Part 2/2

*Just so I don't get in trouble, a warning for language and mature(ish) themes.*

Tintin looked around at the diner.  It was much more lively than he would expect it to be seeing as it was empty the day before, but that wasn't to say the place was bustling or anything like that.  Violet had given him the run-down of what to do, and told him to come and get her if things got too hectic.  He had laughed at this sarcastically, but she shot him a look and said 'Just you wait kid.' He scowled remembering her calling him 'kid'.  'Pfft...I'm no kid sweetheart.' he thought to himself.

"Hey, space ranger!" Violet's voice called him out of his daze, "Wanna seat some people maybe?"

He looked over and noticed three groups of teenagers had shown up at the door, waiting to be seated.  "Oh! Yeah, one sec!"  He said, hustling around the counter.  He seated each of them, and went around handing out menu's and taking orders.  Then he checked on all of his old tables, and handed out drinks to his new tables.  'Wow, maybe it is a little more hectic than I thought'.

"Copper, you got more." Violet said as she passed him with a tray.

Tintin looked over and met eyes with a group he knew quite well.  It was Trent, Shelby, James, and-
"Mindy..." he said quietly to himself. 

"You want me to get this one?" Violet snuck up next to him and asked. 

His eyes never wavered as he said "No, I got it."  He walked over to them with a smile on his face and menus in his hand.  "Hey guys, how are you?" 

"Oh super good gingy." Said James.  Tintin narrowed his eyes and his smile turned sarcastic.

"Yeah, you know what would be great?" Shelby started.

"What's that?" Tintin asked.

"Bar seats! May we have them?"

Tintin looked over to the counter, which is where the barstools were.  No one was there, and he knew why she was asking:they wanted to mess with him.  Tintin sighed "Sure! They're empty, might as well fill them up." 

"Thanks sweetheart."  Shelby said in a monotone voice, patting his face rather harshly as she walked over to take her seat. Trent and James scowled as they followed her. 

As Mindy walked by, she had her eyes to the ground until she passed Tintin.  Then she looked up at him, and put a piece of hair behind her ear.  "Thanks." She said sheepishly, to which Tintin just nodded.

He walked behind the counter and handed them each a menu, to which Shelby quickly declined as he set it down in front of her, "We already know what we want, thanks." She said with a small flip of her hair. 

Tintin's sarcastic smile came back, and he took the menus back from them, to which the two boys chuckled.  "Well, what would you like then?"

"Two chocolate milkshakes for them, a strawberry for me, and a vanilla for Mindy, you can assume why."  She smirked.

Tintin blushed lightly, but then regained his thoughts "Alright, it'll be right out."

She gave a throaty chuckle "Thanks hon."

Tintin rolled his eyes as he walked towards the window of the kitchen.  He hung the order and walked back over to where Violet was standing.  "They your friends?" She asked.

"Ha ha."  Tintin said sarcastically.

"Oh, I get it."  She nodded.  "...you want me to pretend to be your girlfriend?"  She asked with a smirk.