Ch.1 why me?

"Mom I don't want to go! I want to stay home!!" I yelled for the hundredth time, annoyed with my mother. "Sophie you don't have a choice. We've already discussed this." My annoyingly calm mother said, a little more edge to her voice.

I knew she was tired of me telling her that I didn't want to go, but that didn't mean I'd give up. "Mom" I tried one more time "I hate camping. All those Mosquitos, sunscreen, family bonding" I said shuddering at the thought of bonding.

You see, I'm not a socially interactive person. AT ALL. Most of the time I don't even go to school. I only have one close friend, and that's Alex.

My thought of having a good time is sitting in my room alone with Netflix and pizza. But apparently, that wasn't on my moms agenda for the day.

"Sophie your going camping with us whether you like it or not. I'm not discussing this with you a million times" she said all calmness drained out of her voice. "Fine!" I said turning my back to her and walking up the stairs angrily.

I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling. I must have been staring at it for quite some time because next thing I know my mom was in my room pulling down my suitcases from the top of my closet.

I sighed. "Are we really doing this?" I said looking at her. She sighed deeply and turned so she was facing me. She had a smile on her face but you could tell she was irritated with me. "Yup. We're absolutely doing this." She said with authority in her voice. I rolled my eyes and faced my window choosing to ignore her.

Two hours later I sit up in bed realizing I must've fallen asleep i get up going downstairs smelling spaghetti and garlic cheese bread. "Your just in time! We're about to have dinner." My mom said smiling at me.

'She must be in a better mood now.' I thought to myself, walking over to the table and sitting next to my nine year old sister Amanda.

A few minutes later we were served our food and we all dug in at once. I have to admit my moms a really good cook, although I'd never say so myself.

After dinner I decided to be generous and do the dishes. I thought maybe if I started helping a little bit I could get out of this awful trip my mother planned. I washed and rinsed everyone's dishes then I put them away.

After drying my hands I went upstairs to my bedroom getting on my phone and texting my best friend Alex.
( A: Alex S: Sophie )
S: hey Alex. What's up?
A: nothing much, you?
S: trying to get out of another one of my parents trips.
A: damn that sucks.
S: yea. I'm gonna go to sleep. Goodnight.
A: night Soph.

Hey guys! Hoped you liked the first chapter! I know it's not all that great but I'm gonna try to make it the best it can be. I'll try to be updating once a week.