Chapter 4 | Why?

It felt as if my eyes were glued shut. Not just because of dry tears, but out of fear. For some reason, it felt like something was looming over me. A sharp blade being gently poked into the back of my neck. A knot was tied tightly in my stomach. My body was frozen. An arm reached out to me. Without missing a beat, I sat up. My heart was going a mile a minute. And my eyes as wide as they could be. I looked around the room. There was nothing there. My breathing calmed. 'I almost forgot I was here.' I thought to myself. My eyes scanned the room. Light shined through the window and into the room. Dust specks flew around the room, visible in the sun. There was nothing but silence. For now. Honestly, the silence was more frightening. At least if I heard something I knew where it was coming from. But there was nothing. My messy (Hair Color) hair moved in front of my face. I moved it behind my here only for it to fall back. I needed something to tie it up with. 'There might be some in my backpack.' I noted. I went to reach underneath the bed. A loud creak followed along the moment I moved. My body jumped back. I tried again, but the same result transpired. I took a deep breath. Slowly, I bent down and hung my head below the bottom. The creaking felt like it grew louder the more weight I put on the bed. I held my breath. In a flash, I grabbed the bag and sat up. A shaky breath escaped my lips. My heart went a mile a minute. I opened a few pouches until I spotted a loose hair tie.

 I opened a few pouches until I spotted a loose hair tie

It looked like it was one pull away from breaking. Miraculously I was able to tie my hair without it snapping. Loud creaking began to approach the bedroom door. With only a few seconds to react, I stuffed my backpack in the small space between the wall and the bed. My heart sank with the footsteps stopped right in front of my door. Whoever was standing there, It felt like an eternity. Time slowed down, my heart beating out of my chest. The door opened. The killer stood in the doorway. Despite the large bloody smile on his face, he had a very groggy look.

"Great, your already up." The moment he talked I flinched. I was scared. The blue eye killer raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously kid? Chill out will yah?" He spoke in a gruff and sarcastic tone. My body was tense. So tense my body physically couldn't tremble. It was almost painful.

"Anyways, I have to take Smiles on a walk." Jeff the Killer said. Excitable barks could be heard in the distance. 

"I'll be back soon, so don't try anything! Or I'll be forced to kill you." Jeffery threatened. I gulped and nodded. Showing I understood. The door closed and my body finally relaxed. I didn't know what it was about him. Besides the serial killer part. Just his overall demeanor and look gave him a menacing vibe. One that made my stomach tie into knots. I heard them leave. Tears started to stream down my face. I was trapped. Like a caged animal. And there was nothing I could do. I wiped my tears and reached for my bag. I pulled out my notebook and a few colored pencils and pens. I started to write.

Stuck

Location: Hinnom Lake, hidden shack

(Random Date), (Random Time)

for however long I'm here, I'll be writing about my situation. I am currently stuck in the hidden shack. The shack where Jeff The Killer hides. Apparently, he has a pet. Smile Dog.. Or... Smiles. Apparently he has a "boss" of some sorts. And because of it, he can't kill me. Jeffery Woods is currently taking Smile Dog on a walk. I can't leave. They'd catch me. Plus, I don't think that boat can withstand another ride. I'm honestly lucky I didn't sink and drown. I'm scared. More scared then I have ever been. Why did this have to happen... Why? It            

As I wrote, more tears came to my eyes. It blurred my vision and my writing became messy. The ink trailed off the page. I couldn't continue. Everything felt hopeless. Mentally, emotionally and physically. The cuts and scrapes on my body stung like hell, and my arms ached from rowing the boat. Mindlessly, I trailed my cut with the tips of my fingers. A sting spread through my cheek bone. I retracted my fingers. Again, I wiped the tears from my eyes. Little by little, I gained composure. I quickly put away my stuff. The creaking from the bed sounded like nails on chalk board. I slid the bag back underneath the bed. Knowing that I was alone gave me some form of comfort. But that faded feeling of comfort was soon shattered. A loud bang came from outside my window. I held in a scream. My throat constricted and unshed tears stung my eyes. There was a burst of laughter from outside. Muffled by the thick glass. I finally blinked, tears escaped my eyes. I wiped them, sucking in air through my teeth as my arms grinded against the cuts on my face. My heart was racing. Bounding like drum. I turned my body, hanging my legs off the side of the bed. A shiver went up my legs and trailed to the core of my spine the moment my feet made contact with the cold wooden floor. Quickly, I grabbed my socks and put them on. Foot steps swiftly approached the room. The door swung open. There stood Jeffery in the door way. An angry expression was plastered on his face. But it soon shifted into a relieved one. 

"Your still here eh?" He said those words like he expected me to run. 

"It's not like I can go anywhere." I responded in a acerbic tone. I regretted the words the moment they fell out of my mouth. In a fright, I covered my mouth. 

"The fuck you just say?" Jefferey barked. I winced. I averted my eyes and tightly grabbed my arms. Removing my hand from my mouth.

"N-nothing..." I muttered. An amused chuckle escaped the killers lips.

"That's what I thought." A short silence filled the room. Abruptly, a creak reverberated from the doorway. When I looked back, Jeffery was closing the door. Once it closed, he leaned against the frame.

"Listen here kid, answer my questions and your short time here won't be as painful." Jeffery started.

"I'm Jeff, you?"