Chapter 3 | Taking Notes

My heart was pounding out of my chest. Why would he just leave me here? Thoughts spiraled around my brain as I paced the room. Blood dripped onto the floor. My wounds began to ache more and more. Making it harder and harder to think by the second. 'Sh-should I just run away?' I thought. My eyes scanned for an exit, the window. I practically sprinted to the window. I moved the bedside table and opened the window. Surprisingly, it did open. 'I can get out!' I cheered within my mind. A smile spread across my face as glee took over my body. But soon that glee turned into despair. 'No... H-he would just catch me.' I whimpered. Freedom was right in front of me, but the feeling of crumbling reality kept me in place. I shut the window and sat down on the bed. There was no point, he would come back and kill me any minute now. From the window i could see the Smile Dog running around the shack, chasing squirrels or barking at nothing. My mind went blank and my body went numb. Was I really just going to sit here? It felt as if my body was frozen in place. There was nothing I could do. Abruptly the door creaked open. I looked up to see the same man with the carved smile, Jeff The Killer. He had some sort of bandages in his hand.

"Wow, your still here." He quipped. A shiver went down my spine.

"To be honest, I'm impressed that you stayed." Jeff The Killer continued to tease. I could feel my blood boil inside of me.

"It would have been a lot more fun to chase you though." Jeff The Killer complained. Without warning he threw the bandages at me. I caught them and stared at them for awhile before looking back at the killer.

"Why haven't you killed me yet?" I asked. I immediately regretted the words that came out my mouth.

"My stupid ass boss said not to kill anyone that comes around here." Jeff complained. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Th-then shouldn't you tell your boss that I'm here?" I asked, fiddling with the bandages in my hand. Jeff chuckled.

"He didn't say anything about that. So I can have as much fun as I want!" Jeff cheered. 'Do I even want to know what he means by fun?' I asked myself. A sigh escaped my lips, I was terrified.

"Anyways, your gonna stay here. And you have to what I tell you." The sudden tone of seriousness and aggressiveness in Jeff's voice. I nodded and looked away as quickly as I could. A small chuckle resonated from Jeff. He left, leaving me in petrification. Time seemed to slow down, then speed up. A warm liquid trickled down my neck, blood. I snapped out of my trance and wrapped the bandages around my wounds. I wiped my cheek where I had been cut. A agonizing sting shot through the room. My body felt tense. Knots were tied tight in the pit of my stomach. Everything felt so wrong. But there was nothing that I could do. Once I was done bandaging up my wounds I set the bandages down on the bedside table. My heartbeat had slowed down a bit. But that seemed to make it worse.

-Time Skip-

It was night. I continuously tossed and turned. My whole body aches and sleep was nearly impossible at this point. Moonlight illuminated the dark room. My mind was completely blank, I couldn't even think. Moonlight illuminated the dark and small room. The bed-sheets weren't that dirty, so I used them. My backpack laid underneath the bed, in an attempt to hide it. Not the best place but it'll have to do. The bed creaked at any movement. So did the wood floors. Wood creaked outside of the room. I couldn't tell if it was Jeff or Smile Dog. That only made me more paranoid. Footsteps approached my door. My heart rate increased as I awaited to hear the door creak open.

"Smiles, lay down." Jeff's voice seemed a bit more calm. The wood creaked when Smile Dog plopped down. He laid down in front of my door.

"Stay." Jeff spoke once again. My heart rate continued to go faster and faster every passing second. Footsteps went farther and farther away. I assumed that Jeff had left Smile Dog to keep me under watch. It felt as if I was in a prison. I was kidnapped, and nothing could save me. No one could see this place, only certain people. I sat up and stared at the wall. A sigh escaped my lips and I got up. The wood creaked and the moment it did low, beastly growls sounded from outside the door. Quickly, I grabbed my bag and took out my notebook and pen. I wrote down everything that happened. It felt like the only thing that was keeping me sane. Stress was released into the words I wrote, like the ink was swallowing all the negative emotions. With that, everything felt more calm. I slipped my notebook and pen back into the bag and pushed the bag back underneath the bed. The growling had stopped. There was nothing but silence. My heart rate went back to normal and I laid back down. I tried to sleep, but it was no use.

"Why did this have to happen..?" I murmured, tears starting to fall from my eyes. I stayed as quiet as I possibly could, I ended up crying myself to sleep.